Ibby gas

gardo

• Members

Seems like a good deal for an F style mandolin & solid top too.

Just a warning though... MAS can be as addictive as GAS. I picked up my first mandolin about 3 years ago (a Gretsch G9320) & am looking to upgrade to a nicer instrument. They get expensive quick!

• Members

I have only owned 2 mandolins in my life. I still have them both.

One is an A model Flatiron , built in Bozeman that has been with me for like 25 years. The other a Gibson F5G built on May 13th of 2015.

The Flatiron is really nice, the Gibson sound amazing, but I am having it evaluated in a bit for some issues with the top.

If and when I need to amplify either I have a LR baggs M radius pick and there Venue system. It's pretty good.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

ibanez_m522sbs.jpg

Well my wife gave me this for Christmas. I haven't had much time to play it but had a lot of fun with Turkey In The Straw

It looks great and sounds pretty good to me. It really is fun to pick and for under $300 it's a bargin

• Members

I didn't realize how many good songs use a mandolin

Yeah, whether it's the "sprinklings" of mandolin that might be used in popular music, or full on Bill Monroe blue grass, I've liked the sound of a Mandolin; it's just that I feel I'll always be a bit of a struggling student of 6-string electric guitar to afford splitting my limited talents. I've gotten a couple Ukuleles in recent years, which were easy enough to learn to play in a rudimentary fashion, so sometimes I wonder if I could do the same with a mandolin, i.e. get one of reasonably good acoustic properties and then just learn enough for a few catchy bits like that REM song.

Enjoy!!

• Members

. I've gotten a couple Ukuleles in recent years, which were easy enough to learn to play in a rudimentary fashion, so sometimes I wonder if I could do the same with a mandolin, i.e. get one of reasonably good acoustic properties and then just learn enough for a few catchy bits like that REM song.

Enjoy!!

You could always buy a mandolin and tune it like a ukulele

Archived