I want a custom kickass guitar - help me choose

86marco86

• Members

Hi everyone, first thread here so be kind with me 0.gif

I'm Marco from Italy, and I'm willing to buy a new guitar. It must be cool and unique, and I've made some chooses yet. Anyway, still can't decide on which way to go, so some help would be greatly appreciated!

Since I love guitars with metal top, I choose the 3 of them which I like the most into that market; I know all the other brands that make this kind of stuff, so these are my top-list for me.

CHOICE #1

ONIRICA GUITARS - DER REBELL

der-rebell-scontornata-e1474027491267.png

Small company based in Italy, which builds amazing and charismatic guitars. I particulary love this Der Rebell model, which in my opinion has beautiful lines and an amazing design on the plate. Furthermore, they are quite near at where I live, so I could make em a visit and try these out. The price is good too (about 2700 euro for this one).

This is the page of the model in their website http://www.oniricaguitars.com/derrebell/ , and there is other cool stuff in their fb page, not necessarily related to metal-top guitars: https://www.facebook.com/Oniricaguitars/

CHOICE #2

WILD GUITARS - BARONESS

wild-customs-wildone-chronograph.jpg

We all know Wild guitars, so I don't have to introduce them 4.gif amazing instruments and a wide choice. I liked this one very much, since the first moment I saw it, but the price is really high (about 4000 euro), and I don't feel like I am prepared to spend all that money. Anyway, the guitar is really really cool and I'm taking it in consideration.

CHOICE #3

TRUSSART - STEELTOP

u1108otod_full.jpg

Trussart is another top-notch producer. Buying one of these new is out of discussion, but I found some good prices into the used market. Furthermore, If I would like to sell it, I would lose not that much money. But, to be honest, I prefer the lines and look of the other two guitars.

So, now that I messed the whole thing up, who wants to help me get me out of here 3.gif ? My heart would suggest to go straight with Onirica, since they have the better price and (in my opinion) the coolest guitar, but they are not so much known, so if I would resell it I would lose some of the value. Anyway, I don't feel this like a big problem, since I believe that I will keep her for a long time.

Give me your opinion, and thanks for your help!!

• Members

I like the first one by a country mile but if I was spending that kind of cash, I definitely would want to play it first. In fact, unless its a smoking deal on a known guitar (shape/feel) and I know I can get my money back, I wouldn't buy any guitar without playing it first.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey guys, sorry everyone for my late but -I don't know why- the forum didn't send me the notifications of your answers.

Anyway, useful input by everyone, thank you!! By the time I opened this topic, I also had the chance to try an Onirica guitar (the same of the picture up here), and it is totally amazing in my opinion. Lots of versatility, clear and snappy sound thanks to the aluminum top but ALSO lots of mid-basses, and generally it is very balanced.

I think I have decided :D . Thanks again anyone, I'll let you know further news about the guitar!

• Members
They're all beauties. I like the look of the first two best. Hopefully you can track down someone that's played them or get your hands on one. With the general quality levels in the high end I doubt you'll get anything less than awesome playability in any of them.

The OP says he's played an Orinica Der Rebell and he's gravitating toward it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31874125[/ATTACH]

Archived