Hot or Not?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Love it' date=' been looking at buying some of their products for some time. Wondering if its as easy as they advertise.[/quote']

I've not tried it Bill, I will do as I have two very nice ash bodies, but I've just done my first ever 54 Strat two colour burst body, from instructions I got from a guy in the States, like that pic, the grain isn't all closed and glassy, I really took my time, and I must say I'm very chuffed with the outcome.

If I do, I'll let you know, if you do, let us know.

Are they available over there, or would you have to ship them over to where you are?

• Members

Just happened to be "adjusting" when I opened this thread. Dang near got carried away with myself when I saw that guitar. :o So Wudtone is a good name for that guitar.

Definitely hot! :p

It reminds me a bit of my sandblastd Strat, but in a more refined sexy way.

But yeah, that's a real pretty guitar. Definitely GAS-inducing. :thu:

• Members
Didn't particularity care for that, both in color or grain pattern.

Hot can be a bit subjective

I hit there site and it is a very slow site, but I liked some other finishes that were in the galleries.

http://www.wudtone.com/

Agreed. Hot except for the fact that I'm not a Strat guy and I don't like the color, so really not in my case. This is much more to my taste (also one of their guitars):

fetch?filedataid=119587

• Members

I've not tried it Bill, I will do as I have two very nice ash bodies, but I've just done my first ever 54 Strat two colour burst body, from instructions I got from a guy in the States, like that pic, the grain isn't all closed and glassy, I really took my time, and I must say I'm very chuffed with the outcome.

If I do, I'll let you know, if you do, let us know.

Are they available over there, or would you have to ship them over to where you are?

I'd have to have it shipped but that's okay.

I reckon Ash is the way to go for showing it off, would look forward to seeing yours and if I do it, will share as well :)

• Members
There's a newish company in the UK, taking what I did about 12 years ago and making non sprayable, ultra low environmental impact hand applied finishes.

They're called Wudtone.

However I saw this on their gallery and fell in love....what say you?

0high3.jpg

​I think a black pick guard would help it out. Brass bridge and brass pick guard screws. add a black pin stripe at the out line of the surface to enhance the green surface. brass speed knobs and black 5 way switch tip..

Archived