Some NUGD's!!!

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all!

The guitar situation down here in the sunshine state has been, well, dead is putting it mildly. So on a couple of trips out of state, I found these 3 beauties!

While in Seattle visiting the grand children, found these in pawn shops. The first is a 1983 Vantage AV-315. Wonderful playing beastie that wants to kill your tele! sweet comfortable neck, nice ash body, with some major wear and tear, and the neck is a Uncle Matt MMK45. Very sweet sounding guitar, especially when coil tapped along with the bridge. I am planning on refinishing it to the nice 3 piece ash.

IMG_1172.jpg

An 2006 Ibanez AWD82 was found in a pawn shop, again near Seattle. When I was manager of a store there, the Ibanez rep came to one of the meeting, and showed these off. 8 managers ordered personal; ones on the spot. I did too, and only 6 arrived. (Being the low man on the totem pole sure does suck at times.) 10 years later, I finally have one. Beautiful looking, great playing guitar, that HAD the infamous ACH pickups in it. Upon getting home, I ripped them out, and threw in a set of....(uh huh, you guessed it) . Uncle Matt MMK45's. now it sounds as nice as it looks! Changed the knobs, and the pots, and did the 50's Gibson wiring to it.

IMG_1171.jpg

I was in Savannah Georgia the other day, and at a , surprise, pawn shop, found this baby. 2005 Ibanez AR 200 Artist. I have a MIJ Artist, and I have to say, this Korean copy plays just as nice, feels just wonderful, and has the same type of sustain as the original. Where Ibanez cheapened things out, is the bridge, (typical Asian Tun-a-matic ) the tuners, and the pickups. once again, the HATED ACH's. I have a set of Ibanez prestige V7/V8's on order. I redid the wiring to the 50's Gibson, and added .001 caps. It's just sweet. And, it's a goldtop!

IMG_1170.jpg

• Members

Great read with some awesome guitar pron, even if you are just flippin em.smiley-wink You always seem to find the hidden gems, that's for sure.

Can't believe how much the body on that Vantage looks like the ash body on my 83 Aria Pro II RS Bobcat. Uncle Matt must've been working overtime knocking out all those different brands and models:D.

• Members

Uncle Matt made.... Aria, Diamond, Electra, Westone, Phoenix, Vantage, Memphis, Lotus, Epiphone, Fender, Washburn, Univox, Bradley, BC Rich, and about 40 others that I know of. There were busy little bees!

And, these aren't flippers. the ones I show off, I tend to keep.

Archived