Slash pickup layout?

owenmatt

• Members

I picked up a used set of seymour dunccan alnico ii pro slash pickups but im not 100% of the correct layout or if that matters. Usually on duncans i just put them in so it says seymour duncan towards the bridge but these slash ones dont say that. They are zebra and on the bridge pup the coils with the screws are on the black and the neck pup the screws are ob the white coil side. Is there a correct layout for these?

• Members

The side the wires come out should tell you which way they go in. Most of the time the access hole is on the treble string side of the route. If you flip the pickup it means the wire has to run across the pocket under the pickup and this can cause issues with pinching the wire under the pickup or even tilting the pickup at a bad angle. You may not even have enough wire to run it over to the far side so installing them with the wire closest to the hole is usually the best option.

Flipping pickups doesn't usually change the sound by much in any case. The coils are usually very balanced in a humbucker and swapping coils by 1 inch does nothing for tone.

• Members

I have noticed the neck louder a lot of times in other pickups i have tried even though usually the bridge pup is hotter, emg's were like that and my les paul with 57 and 57 plus is like that. I put the bridge a bit closer to the strings. I suppose guitars resonate more by the neck

• Members

Every pic shows adjustable coil on bridge towards bridge and adjustable coil on neck pup towards neck, wiring diagram shows that also. It makes you run the neck wire across the pickup but it makes the slash sign on the back plates go the correct way so thats how im wiring it up. Thanks for all the help

Archived