Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Paul tops

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are my two workhorses. I have a thing for black and gold...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Heidi_small.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	31808800
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160421_115727_resized - Copy.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	31808801

Comment

Those are both very nice!

I like the Deluxe - it reminds me of one my friend used to own. Did the black one come with three pickups? Most of the triple-pup Pauls I see are Customs.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Now that I've cleaned up and changed my drawers after seeing all those beautiful Les Pauls, I humbly submit my Gould Goldtop and (purely because they were photographed together) my Epi Zakk Wylde. I can only apologise that neither are Gibsons... I'm broke.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          When upgraded, the Epiphone LP can be just as good as the Gibson .... Regardless of what cork sniffing gear snobs say .... It's not the name on the headstock , it's the way the guitar sounds and feels , that matters the most 😁

Oh, and I shall add the Les Paul I'm currently rebuilding for my girlfriend, as well as the Franken-Paul I made out of spare bits. Again, because they were photographed together.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          Your FrankenPaul is nice.
          Is that a Kramer guitar neck it's sporting ?
          I bought an Epi LPC and an Edwards LPC guitars with no electronics , tuning keys, bridges or pickups. Both are black.
          The Edwards is going to get routed out for a Floyd Rose, while the EPI is going to be routed for a third humbuckered.

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
        Those are both very nice!

I like the Deluxe - it reminds me of one my friend used to own. Did the black one come with three pickups? Most of the triple-pup Pauls I see are Customs.
        The black one is a stock Gibson Les Paul Classic. Bought it from a friend, who got it from Sam Ash Store. Only limited years they built these though. The Deluxe is a anniversary model. Also purchased from my same friend.

Comment

[QUOTE=MarvelUndies;n31809006]Now that I've cleaned up and changed my drawers after seeing all those beautiful Les Pauls, I humbly submit my Gould Goldtop and (purely because they were photographed together) my Epi Zakk Wylde. I can only apologise that neither are Gibsons... I'm broke.

Apologize for not being a Gibson? No need, as long as you enjoy what you're playing. I bought my first Gibson Les Paul in 1980. A used Gibson "The Paul". I sold it in 1983, and bought an Ibanez Roadstar RS1000 and Peavey Amp. It took me 30 years, to get the two I have now.

Comment

• MarvelUndies
            MarvelUndies commented
            Editing a comment
            I vaguely remember the old Roadstars. Too young to have actually seen them from new, but an internet friend (much older than me) had one that he'd kept pristine. It looked fantastic and from the very rudimentary recordings he sent, it sounded amazing.

Thank you, by the way. Adding my collection of knock-off LPs to this thread felt almost like being the poor kid at school! One is a Satellite; a 70s Jap import. The one next to it with the weird neck used to be a Swift. Not sure where it came from or how old it is, but both are bolt on necks with molded hardwood tops. If you knock on the body, you can really hear the cheap. The Satellite is plywood with I think a stained maple neck, and the Swift is a basswood body. The original neck was maple, as is the new one. Not sure what the hardware is on each, but somehow both manage to sound surprisingly decent. There's a lot of evidence to suggest that the Satellite has been modified at some point in its life, so I wouldn't be surprised if those aren't the original pickups. The Swift is all original apart from the neck, it's just been rebuilt due to it being mistreated. And I gotta say... I really like it. Works well as a baritone and sounds plenty beefy!
            Last edited by MarvelUndies; 09-07-2016, 06:31 AM. Reason: Felt the need to ramble :)

• Ratae Corieltauvorum
            Editing a comment
            The RS1000 was a lovely guitar, we got two in stock the week I left the shopp I worked in, in Ireland, much drool was mopped off the floor.
        Working...
        X