No announcement yet.

How To Play An Amazing Guitar Solo

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Play An Amazing Guitar Solo

Rik Emmett, who I think is a great guitar player, gives a few pointers on how to construct a guitar solo...

As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
    from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

I've always liked Rik. He comes across as a real class act, not to mention a very fine guitarist!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

… and vocalist... and songwriter
      As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
      from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Nice! He was a big influence for me as a kid growing up in Canada. He's a fantastic musician all around.

Comment

& he does good guitar faces too.

Comment

• Grant Harding
            Grant Harding commented
            Editing a comment
            So Canadian - he apologises for his guitar face.

Bump for great content - this is well worth a watch if you're into guitar folks...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks that was good.

Comment

This is what makes Bill Nelson's soloing on what are sort of non typical solo type songs so good, he does do that bang at the beginning and at the end, but he also does it all the way through many tracks

Gary Moore did the same

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

That was excellent. Love a tasty solo even if I'm more of a rhythm player overall myself. I vote to bring the guitar solo back in vogue!!!
                "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

• bluesmann
                  bluesmann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did the guitar solo go somewhere into hiding? I'd post a clip but someone would get bent out of shape. I've seem all kinds of people wailing on youtube. some with boobs getting in the way.
                  Last edited by bluesmann; 07-17-2016, 02:50 AM. Reason: spelling repair, of was od

I'm remembering MTV in the early dayz. No talking or bull shi- just rockin! and music.
                Last edited by bluesmann; 07-13-2016, 01:44 AM.
                Guitars, pedals & Amps

Comment

Working...
                X