No announcement yet.

RIP Scotty Moore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Scotty Moore

Your guitar provided much of the soundtrack of my upbringing in Ireland, where Elvis was always King

Last edited by Ratae Corieltauvorum; 06-29-2016, 02:26 AM.
    Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

rest in piece
    Consternoon Aftable

Comment

such an important part of the rock'n'roll landscape... RIP

Comment

A real rock and roll pioneer and legendary guitarist. RIP.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

He's gone but his contribution to classic Rock and Roll will live on. RIP.
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Definitely a true Rock n Roll guitar players' icon. A wee bit saddened to hear of his passing. Just think, his band mate been gone for almost 39 years now.

P.S. Sometimes I still circle back to try to learn "Mystery Train" as recorded by Scotty Moore. But my fingers prefer my somewhat lazier facsimile.

Last edited by GAS Man; 06-29-2016, 04:12 PM.
              A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Rest in Peace Scotty.....Your tasteful playing will live on forever....
                http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

I'll have to dig out my 295 and play some Elvis tunes.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by onelife; 06-29-2016, 11:25 PM.
                  As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                  from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

True rock pioneer, love his musical sensibilities. Had a long and presumably full life unlike some of the ones that came after. RIP Scotty, you made rhythm cool.
                    "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

RIP to a rock guitar legend

Comment

It must have been a great gig for the young Scotty.

Just imagine the excitement of playing guitar in that situation at that time - pushing those early tube amps with the big fat Gibson while Elvis whipped the audience into a frenzy.

Last edited by onelife; 06-30-2016, 09:28 PM.
                        As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                        from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

'Hound Dog', second solo,first two chords on his lead - to my knowledge, nobody has figured out those notes yet. Scotty himself couldn't ever duplicate it. But it was an electrifying intro to his solo.

He sure influenced me. I've lost one of my idols. Sympathies to his family.
                          Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 07-01-2016, 12:10 AM.
                          He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

Working...
                          X