Charvel Experts - Charvel Fusion Custom

G37-R34DY

• Members

Hello,

does anybody have any information about these guitars? I own several Model Series Charvels, but I never stumbled upon one of these in real life, just pictures. Now I have one I could get for very cheap, but I'd like to know how it compares to older Charvels like the ones I own. Thanks!

• Members
...does anybody have any information about these guitars? ...but I'd like to know how it compares to older Charvels like the ones I own.

I still see Charvel Fusion geetar (and bass) models on occasion, but more so in the past. When you say "older Charvels" like yours, I'll have to say that all of the Fusions I see around are late-1980s and early-1990s models and usually beatup and/or modified a bit and/or missing parts. The guitar models seem to be only have H-S-S or H-S pickup configurations with that slightly scaled-down outline "dinky" style body that became popular.

Nonetheless, they are the typical solid quality of Charvels of that time. They have the thin profile speed neck and nearly flat fingerboard that are typical of Charvels (both the geetars and the basses, by the way).

If you have access to a nice clean un-modified Fusion, it would be a great buy if it's "cheap" like you say (What? Less than US$200?). I would check out the Floyd-Rose vibrato closely for wear and missing parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the replies, sorry for taking this long to answer back!

It is an (claimed...) [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762490[/ATTACH] unmodified H-S-S desert crackle, with the paint in perfect condition and a perfect neck. It needs some setup and probably some fixes: a couple of parts of the FR must be changed and there is some solder work to do for the humbucker.

I am used to the neck through charvels (I am a collector), but I never playied/seen one of these and in Europe these are fairly rare. The price is 300 euros (roughly 300 usd) and the fixes are probably going to cost around 50.

Archived