Show Me Your Acoustic Pedal Setup!

steve_man

• Members

Started out playing acoustic in a live setting with just a Boss TU-2 and a direct box. Later, started tinkering around with some chorus. Went with a Marshall acoustic amp for a while, which sounded great, but did not like having an amp onstage at church that I could not turn up loud enough to use as a monitor. So, starting using a preamp... and over the past few years have added reverb, delay, volume pedal, and a wireless system. Could I live without this much stuff on the board? Sure... but it's great to have the ability to add/change these tones acoustically on the fly in a live setting. Added a dedicated power supply today that will run on 110v/230v, as I also play some across the pond.

Curious to see how many of you use pedals with your acoustic setup?

71903034dace624518601245cc8ef0d6.thumb.png.3c6944d0790b9109865112bcf8b30d01.png

• Members

I wish I could post a pic of my foot tapping. That's the only thing I've got. DI into the PA. Sorry. When I want an electric sound I play my electric, otherwise straight acoustic. I do feel your pain about not being able to turn up your amp to the point that it serves as a monitor. I have the same issue when playing electric, as you may recall.

• Members

I have been meaning to do and acoustic pedal set up for years.

I only use a Fishman Spectra DI for my guitar and a LR Baggs Venue for my Mandolin.

The pedal set up would be a switching system to for easier and quicker changes between the mandolin and guitar and maybe a a looper, which I also have.

This should work, mounted on a Pedal Train with Pedal Power II to eliminate batteries.

Add some Lave EC cable and there goes another 500 bucks. :D

1308542.jpg

• Members
fetch?filedataid=117769

To me the whole point of an acoustic guitar is it's an acoustic guitar not electric . I may use a mic or even plug into the PA at church but I prefer to hear the guitar not the speakers. I know this is not going to work for everyone, but I like simplicity. The pure sound of the wood.

• Members

I totally understand that, but that just won't work in the places that I play. HAS to go through the PA, and I'm usually playing with a band. So, some effects, volume control (for killing the sound when I unplug), etc. add a lot to the sound/tone while plugged in. I get that some people do not need/want an acoustic setup. Used to just use a tuner and a preamp/DI. Different songs call for different sounds, so adding some chorus to the mix is often a lot of fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived