If I Could Only Have 1 Guitar

gardo

• Members

It would be my Parker DF522NN (NN for Notes Norton). It's the only guitar I take to the gig. Why?

• Light weight, 5 lbs, but sustains as long as my 8 pound LTD "Les Paul"
  • Balanced, take my hands off, it stays put
  • Contoured, no pressure points, it's more like wearing the guitar than holding it
  • 25.5" scale / 14" Radius - just perfect for me
  • Master volume near my picking hand, easy to balance with the song, master tone close by
  • Excellent build in fit, finish and details
  • Ebony fretboard and hardened stainless steel frets - bends like butter and nearly impossible to wear out
  • Tuning stability. Sperzel locking tuners, Graph-tech nut and bridge, plus an almost straight string path from tuner to bridge (except for the break at the nut so I don't need trees) provide stability. Stays in tune better than my other guitars, even those without a whammy and even when my Parker is in the floating whammy mode
  • Sound #1 - Duncan P-Rail pickups that can sound like (1) P-90 (2) Rail (3) Series Humbucker and (3) Parallel Humbucker - it's the Swiss Army Knife of Pickups
  • Sound #2 - Piezo under the bridge that can be played alone for a acoustic sound (thinner than flat top, deeper than an arch top) or blended with the magnetic pickups for a wide variety of variances of those tones.

It's my desert island guitar. Since I got it a few years ago, I haven't even had GAS for another.

NN02_DF522NN.jpg

NN03_TShot_B4.jpg

I'm happy.

Insights and incites by Notes

• Members

An HSS Strat and a few pedals all I use these days.

Its the same with synths, I have 6 Including the Korg M1 I bought at the local auction last week but I only really use the Korg DSS-1 (it is much better than any of the youtube demo's BTW)

• Moderators
56 Les Paul Custom. P90's, 'nuff said.

drops mic and walks away.......

I still wish that in 1957 when Gibson in their utter stupidity decided that putting three humbuckers in a black Les Paul Custom was a top idea, they'd have just stuck with the two humbuckers, and put a P90 in the middle, thus creating rock and roll history that was to wait for nearly another 30 years before someone thought of HSH

• Members

I'm also in the STRATOCASTER camp. It would be just the best SSS style strat I could find, with good depth of tone, yet plenty of vibe and quack.

I also like the versatility of them. It's funny that I used to be drawn to them for their in between positions, i.e. 2 & 4. But now I play and enjoy them more in the single coil modes, and I find the neck coil to be more to my liking than most HB guitars in the neck mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It would be the stratocaster I am holding now , with the neck fixed... or just a good American stratocaster with Texas Specials or similarly good pickups... I have gotten some Japanese and Korean stuff into my house when this was away ( and supposedly getting fixed), and man what am I to do with all that crap when I have an authentic well-functioning MIA Strat again. And I thought I was getting some real solid instuments at bargain prices. This probably applies to most respectable American made guitars though: Teles, Les Pauls etc...

• Members
I'd go insane trying to choose between my Carvin CT4 and my Gibson Les Paul. If there isn't room in the world for both' date=' then there isn't room in the world for me either.[/quote']

The CT4 is very similar to my Schecter so it would probably be my choice of the two. Again, though, it would be a good acoustic for me.

It would be the stratocaster I am holding now ' date=' with the neck fixed... or just a good American stratocaster with Texas Specials or similarly good pickups...[/quote']

No humbucker?

• Members

Well I'll never sell my Martin.

Out of the electrics I own, I'd have to keep my partscaster tele with the Wylde/Lawrence rails.

If I lost em all I'd buy another good dread, Martin, Collins, Santa Cruz, Bougois, etc. and some kind of nice 335 most likely, Gibson. Yamaha, Collins, or the like. I could be happy with just those. Tho I'd like.y build another tele, just because Teles are so useful.

Archived