Birth Year Guitars

gardo

• Members

Ratae's posts got me thinking about birth year guitars. Who has or is looking for a guitar your same age?

I don't want t spend the money for an original but did try out an Epi Les Paul 56 re-issue. Nice but I just didn't bond with it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm a '74 and i have a '75 lp custom, from gibson support it could also be an '74 but as it does not have the 20th anniversary inlay its mostlikely a '75

i always played with the thought of buying a '74 strat, but as i am totally happy with my CIJ 69 reissue strat, and 70s strats are hit and miss and they want rediculous money for them i stayed away from them.

i'm not paying $5000 or more for a mediocre instrument. for this money i could get a much much nicer other guitar :)

• Members

Finding something decent from 57 would be tough to find and expensive. Its even tough to find something that dates back to when I first started playing in 65. I did settle with a 40th Anniversary Les Paul that has the feel of a vintage guitar. I think the oldest is my 70's Rickenbacker. I have no problems with any age guitar so long as its well made and sounds good.

Archived