HNGCD - did some modding

t_e_l_e

• Members

Happy new grillcloth day

Before:

fetch?filedataid=117580

It always bothered me, to have the fender logo on the cab. not because i don't like its a fender cab, but cause people kept asking, what fender amp are you playing? and i always have to tell, only the cab is fender, the amp sovtek.

so i finally put things together, to remove the logo, and put a new grill cloth on and spray our band logo on it

The stuff:

fetch?filedataid=117581

got a black marshall like grill cloth from tubeampdoctor. some new velcro, white acrylic paint and a new stapler

before the first glueing:

fetch?filedataid=117575

removing the old cloth was the biggest work. it took me more than 45 minutes to remove all the old clips.

first i wanted to use wood glue but when the old cloth came off, the old glue seemed to be some sort of patex. as i also had patex at home i thought its a good idea to use it again

• Members

once the first side is glued on, everything else is done pretty fast (no time for intermediate pictures). having a good stapler also helps

fetch?filedataid=117576

now just put the velco on again in the corners and in the middle where the old have been. its sticky by it self, but i put some clips into it to secure it

fetch?filedataid=117577

before spraying:

fetch?filedataid=117578

• Members

our singer printed out our band logo in A3 size, glued it on some cardboard and cut it out with a knife. many thx to him, i'm clumsy with that stuff. and now we have a very good template if we want to spray the logo somewhere else :)

and here the final result:

fetch?filedataid=117579

also pictured freemans ES.

i'm pretty happy with the result. in 3 weeks we have a gig and it will look great there :)

yes the spraying made some white shadow around the logo and no sharp edges, but i think its cool the way, if there will be some black light around it would really glow :)

• Members

Happy New Grill Day. It turned out really well. Do you already have the band's logo on the bass drum? I guess non-musicians or folks who aren't into audio equipment don't get the idea of mixing and matching gear. Looks like we'd probably call pattex "contact cement" on this side of the pond. I wasn't familiar with the brand but it's versatile and handy stuff.

• Members

and here the final result:

fetch?filedataid=117579

also pictured freemans ES.

i'm pretty happy with the result. in 3 weeks we have a gig and it will look great there :)

yes the spraying made some white shadow around the logo and no sharp edges, but i think its cool the way, if there will be some black light around it would really glow :)

That is totally cool - Happy new grill cloth day!

And since you didn't tell the name of your band I hope you don't mind if I explain what the logo represents - that band is "Raining Sunshine" (or whatever that would be in German)

• Members

no logo on the bassdrum so far. pattex is the brand name for this glue, its very handy, but you need to know how to use it. you need to put on the glue and than you have to wait some couple of minutes before you put the things together. if you put it immediately together it will never hold

freeman, raining sunshine the band name is, no german translation, we use an english band name but most of our songs have german lyrics :D

Archived