Nick Jonas flubs his guitar lead on national TV! (ACM awards)

Mr.Grumpy

• Members

What a cheese-fest that show is. My wife's a country music fan, so we watched the 'Academy of Country Music' Awards last night on CBS. For some reason, these shows always go out of their way to bring in pop and rock artists to perform with established country artists.

One of the pairings was a 'new' country singer Kelsea Ballerini, your typical young pretty blonde, and out of nowhere jumps Nick Jonas (yes, of the Jonas brothers) rockin' a relic'd telecaster! The lead starts out OK, but then he FLUBS badly, :eek: hits an obviously wrong note, :facepalm: freezes for a second, and then recovers, plays a final SKWEEEEEEEEE riff, before yanking out his guitar cord to run up to the mic stand and duet with the blonde starlet.

Not that a wrong note during a lead is the end of the world, but good gawd man, IT'S NATIONAL TV!! You're supposed to be a professional. If you have aspirations of (continuing to be) a professional musician, try practicing and learning your parts instead of making an embarrassing flub on national TV! There's nothing wrong with learning and playing a lead break note-for-note the same way every time in a song, especially for a pop song where the BLONDE is the center of attention.

One good thing, it proves at least some of the music/parts are performed LIVE. Nick's lead starts about 0:33 seconds, big flub is around 0:45 - 0:49 seconds.

[video=youtube;Ksu2bleSdUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksu2bleSdUA

• Members

Probably an IEM problem. At least they weren't lip syncing. I searched and saw some videos of him playing and he sounded ok.

I'm sure nobody here ever makes a mistake, but I actually feel bad for him.

• Members

Besides the flub, I think his recovery was weak. He hits about 5 more notes after the flub, then there's a bit of awkward air space as he launches himself head towards the leggy girl. But I think they were a perfect pairing of over hyped mediocrity.

Archived