How

bluesmann

• Members

Oh god, this requires me to count.... yesh!

I have about 50 guitars and basses right now, with 14 of them Ibanez, 8 Matsomuko's (aria, Westone, Lotus, Memphis, Epiphone, Univox) 4 Gibsons, (81 Paul custom, 06 SG special, 78 L6S, 80 Sonex) and a host of others. Favs change from day to day, but my 79 Manoman, 07 Gary Kramer, 81 Paul, and 81 rtist being the main go to guitars. THIS week! :p

Want list is short..... an old Gretsch chet atkins, and old Gibby ES 125/295, and.... whatever I find that turns me on.

• Members

Two electrics

IMG_3022_zpsxq5qhchr.jpg

Everything else is acoustic I'm afraid - three little guys

IMG_1781_zps62e38a89.jpg

Some old Martins and my very first guitar, an old Yamaha

IMG_0185.jpg

Some modern classics

IMG_0171.jpg

Noise makers

Sportybro-1.jpg

A pair of deuces

IMG_0203.jpg

And a few others.....

Right now my GAS is pretty quiet so I'm building a few for other folks - another 335 clone, a J-35/45, an archtop....

I've got about two dozen different stringed instruments of various types.

The want list isn't as big as it once was, but there are still a few things I'd like to get eventually.

A nylon string acoustic.

A resonator guitar.

A pedal steel.

A REALLY nice Les Paul.

• Members

I currently have;

• 2 Solid body electrics (Fender Jaguar & Squier Strat)
  • 1 Semi hollow (Epi 339)
  • 1 Full hollow (Ibanez AF-75)
  • 1 12 String electric (Danelectro)
  • 2 Acoustics (Yamies FG-110 & FS-700sc)
  • 1 Squier Bronco bass (Don't laugh, its actually not that bad...)
  • 1 Mandolin (Gretsch G-9320)

I'm not really gassing for anything right now, but I'm sure that's gonna change a few months down the road...

• Members

For a long time all my guitars were steel string acoustics. I started out with a no-name $19.99 from Montgomery Ward. From there I bought an "Ensenada," then got rid of it and bought an Alvarez 5020. At some point I bought a cheap no-name 5-string banjo. I kept the Alvarez 5020 for a while and then bought a Sakura S-12-9 12-string. I traded the Alvarez for an Alvarez classical, which I eventually simply threw away. The 12-string was my main and only guitar (except for the no-name Montgomery Ward special, which I still have) for about 30 years. I bought an Alvarez RD10, which became my beater and my test bed for alternate tunings. I bought an Ibanez AW120, which is my main guitar today. Several years ago, I bought a used Epi for our daughter but she never learned to play it so it's more-or-less mine now. A few years ago I started playing bass and bought an Alvarez "Villain" bass and an SWR LA12 amp. My first electric guitar was a Fernandes Strat copy that I couldn't intonate. I sold it on eBay, my first eBay sale, and bought a Schecter Gryphon. My first amp was a 25 Watt Roland. I sold it and bought a Fender FM65R, which I still have. I don't care for the Fender and I'd like to replace it one of these days. I'd also like to own an SG someday. My current total is five acoustics, one electric, one bass, and one banjo. I also noodle around on my wife's mandolin.

• Members

I believe I'm at 23 guitars, including 17 electrics, 2 acoustics, a pedal steel, lap steel, mando, and a bass.

Brands are G&L, Fender, Hamer, Guild, Ovation, Weissenborn, Ibanez, Kramer, Charvel, Kay and ShoBud. The ones that are probably getting the most play time from me right now are a '66 Fender Mustang and an '82 G&L SC-3. A bunch of them need set-ups. I've just been really busy.

Plenty of stuff on the GAS list, but nothing I need to acquire right away.

Guild Bluesbird or Nightbird

Guild M75 Aristocrat

Parker Fly

Rickenbacker 360 in Turquoise

BC Rich Mockingbird

Zemaitis Metal Front

Hamer Talledega

Hamer Prototype

Creston Custom Offset

Fender Duosonic II (60's)

Fender Jazzmaster

Some sort of baritone guitar

American Dreadnaught Acoustic TBD

American 000 size acoustic TBD

• Members

I have 9. I've been playing (off and on) for 44 years, starting in '72 when I was 19. I've been on the internet since about 1998. When I got my first real pc, on Christmas, 2000, that was when I really started to learn about guitars, because of all of the guitar talk on the internet.

Here's a pic, 2 of them are my current go-tos, the SX Strat and the Samick Flying V.

o2iv1FMi.jpg

• Members

I have 168 guitars. These days I mostly devo-GAS to reduce that number to a mere double digits.

But yet I do still have a few odd desires.

I'd like to have a really good (not hype) Custom Shop Fender Strat (and no "relic'ing" please) - It'd be nice to have one where Abby wound the p'ups. But I think she must be retired now.

I wouldn't mind having a National Guitar - Tri-Cone Resonator

I've yet to acquire the dreadnought acoustic guitar of my dreams - like some of the primo examples I've played at stores but failed to pull the trigger on.

I've long been tempted by an Eastwood Seafoam Green Airline Map w Bigsby and SC p'ups - but I know that if I bought one, it would most likely be neglected.

I wouldn't mind having a decent quality 6-string bangitar.

And I recently started GAS'n for a Dusenberg Starplayer III

But most of all, I'd like to thin out my herd. Especially some of the guitars that are "good" but that I bought with "projects" in mind that haven't materialized.

But I'm doing well with GAS recovery so far this year. I'm learning to open old cases and gigbags, and to restring guitars whose factory strings have long lost their zing.

It's all good!

LOL

• Members

i have currently 11

3 accoustics

2 lp

2 strat

a tele

a eastwood airline tuxedo

a righty dano DC59

and freemans es 335

currently i'm not gasing for anything, but i would want a lefty DC59 (on the righty the knobs and guitar cable are in the way), i could like a 12 string accoustic for the sound, or maybe a 12 string DC59, and yep phil a nylon string accoustic for recording would also be nice

but nothing i would go shopping for within the next 12 months i guess :)

• Members

No idea what my current count is. Well over 50, I'd guess.

As for what is on my list, nothing, really. I have all the basics covered (Strat, Les Paul, 335, Teles Gretsch and a couple acoustics). I'm kinda in assembly mode right now, I have about 10 guitars I've built that will soon be ready for sale. Mostly from the telecaster seed, some have more mutations than others.

What I need most right now is a musical project that keeps me busy and interested.

• Members

I've owned over sixty, but never more than ten at a time. I currently have three Epiphones, a Rickenbacker, a Fender Mustang, a Lag thinline acoustic, and an Ibanez mandolin.

What am I gassing for? I'd love a good chorus pedal, though I don't have one in mind. A Fender P-bass would also be cool. The Mustang needs a different bridge because Fender can't admit it's a terrible design. Since I play acoustic just as much as electric these days, I'd eventually like a nice dreadnought, but I'm not interested in a particular brand. I really like my uncle's Gibson jumbo, but I could have two built by a luthier for the price of one.

I guess you can tell my gear obsession died down. I'm more about playing than exploring tone these days.

• Members

I have 2 classical guitars, 2 electric guitars, 1 hybrid (crossover) guitar, 1 acoustic 12 string guitar, 1 lute guitar and 6 acoustic six string guitars (2 of which are strung with nylon strings rather than steel}.

I wish for nothing more.

In fact I could probably lose half of the herd and not worry too much.

• Members

The only thing I'm GAS ing for is a TNM Doubleneck (althought I really don't know why or when I'ld ever use the Octave neck) Original 57-60 LP Standard ( I've play some but way to much $$$) an original Framus Akkerman and a Motor Ave Fastback.

• Members

So I own the ten electrics, one bass pictured as well as two acoustics. Really have everything I want or like as far as electrics. My Gibson is a Custom Lite and not an historic or something but it's really a fine guitar. The Hamers further fill out that set-neck humbucker itch with the Mirage II filling the PRS Custom thing. Have a few great Strats with an 89 Strat Plus leading the pack. Have copy guitars that cover the 335 and Ricky itch, and they do it surprisingly well. I do occasionally entertain the notion of adding another guitar to the herd but it's mostly just looking for a mod platform to put some pickups in that I have laying around.

e2acf9f90486761ecccd433bb5d96cf8.thumb.jpg.8d884400a1347da625c403e03367736a.jpg

• Members

1 Epiphone Dot

1 upgraded and repainted Squier Strat

1 Epiphone Nighthawk

1 Steinberger Spirit for travel (not carbon fiber)

1 30 years old Yamaha Classical

1 Rogue Bass

I'm currently building a lapsteel and a telecaster from scratch.

I'd love a Blueshawk to complement my Nighthawk and have something with P90s

My current GAS list really is parts for upgrades or building my own (e.g. Bigsbies are expensive), building is addictive.

I'm new enough at this guitar thing that I'm still trying out stuff to know what I like and not good enough to appreciate some of the finer instruments...

• Members

1959 all original 9 screw Gold Guard Jazzmaster (original buyer)

1963 Fender 501 tape Echo Chamber

1994 Ltd edition Blonde RI Deluxe Reverb (Oxblood Grille)

2000 American Stratocaster (never Played)

My first guitar was a 1957 Tele. Sold it in 1966

The 1959 Jazzmaster was next

and the 2000 (never played) Strat is my time capsule

had a beat up 200? Les Paul. sold it in 2015

Now my want list is to downsize

• Members
Nice toyz there Freeman. Some of you guys just amaze me with the 40 to 150 guitars, where do you keep them all? String changes and keeping them all up to par? Amazing!. I'll post later more later...

Yeah, I second this question. Even with my humble (by comparison to GAS-man) collection, I can usually only keep maybe 8-10 of those instruments set-up to my standards and in playing rotation. Granted, season changes in New England can be harsh on instruments. But do you guys with the hoards do all your own set-up work or are you keeping a luthier on retainer? :)

For storage, I keep the instruments scattered. A couple few around the house, a few at the studio, one at work. Sometimes I'll park one at my bassist's house. Most of my gear though (besides the guitars, I have 9 amps, a Leslie, four drum sets, six snares, a full percussion rig, and a quite a bit of electronic gack), goes on wire shelving in my basement.

Archived