2016 rig, what are you playing?

Jan Deal

• Members

Hi everyone, apologies if there is a thread like this already, but I had a look and couldn't find one. So I thought that I would get the ball rolling.

With the band Seas, Starry I am playing an MJT Jazzmaster. It has a Creamery Wide Range humbucker in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Antiquity II in the neck, plus a simplified circuit. Just a volume and a 3 way switch.

Jazzmaster%20new%20years%20eve_zpskvhsguwj.jpg

My pedal board is relatively straight forward.

IMG_5114_zpsrjuit9ch.jpg

BOSS TU2 > Sonuus Wahoo > Demeter Uberdriveulator > North Effects Violet Ram's Head Big Muff > Zvex Fuzzalo > Digitech Whammy 4 > off brand phaser > BOSS DD-6 > Diamond Quantum Leap > Caroline Guitar Company Meteore reverb

My amp set up is a Bluguitar Amp 1 into an Orange 2x12.

IMG_5115_zpscmwcrijc.jpg

I am all about sparkly cleans and crushing fuzz tones, so this rig suits me perfectly. The Meteore is my latest addition and I am loving it, puts me in mind of the guitar tones on Grace by Jeff Buckley.

Anyway, a couple of links which can show off the sounds.

https://seasstarry.bandcamp.com/

• Members

^ A college roommate had a Jazzmaster and I always liked it. That said, I'm not really a Fender guy. I'm in a praise band. My current electric is a Schecter Gryphon played through a Fender FM65R. Love the guitar but I want to replace the amp. My main guitar is an Ibanez AW120 acoustic plugged into the PA at church.

• Members

Things with me are generally pretty straight forward Guitar of choice>Belcat Chorus>Duncan Lava Box>DeArmond vol pedal>Nux Time Core delay>Roland BC 60.

lately though, I have been playing with... Guitar> Boss GT6>Left channel Roland BC60, Right, Carvin SX100. Having a lot of fun with this, but don't kow if this will be my main setup.

• Members

It's kind of funny how far my rig has come since I started playing. There is an entire generation of players like me who started out with Line 6 modelling amps. I also had some basic Boss pedals and a Visual Sound H20, and I would spend so much time blending all of these effects and amp models together for my strange experimental music. The built in effects were rubbish for their intended purpose, but they worked in my favor because I never used them like that. I layered all of my pedals and reverbs to see what would happen.

Now, I have an all tube Marshall JMD-1, which is a discontinued modelling head, and only one on board analog pedal. My Earthquaker Devices Hoof Reaper is my go-to fuzz and overdrive. I have a Digitech RP-150 set up for basic chorus, pitch effects, and delays on the first twenty channels. The rest are amp sims and effects for recording directly into my laptop. It's a lot different from my early days, especially since I'm playing around with more traditional styles like Blues, Country, Folk, and Jazz.

• Members

Tele (of some version or another, usually heavily modded or pieced-together by myself), into a very simple pedalboard - a couple boost/distortions (currently a bad monkey and an EH Soul Food), a delay (set for slapback, and only used sparingly w/ the twangabilly project), and a tuner. Then to my tweaked deluxe. Basically a 5E3 clone chassis, modded so I can run 5881 tubes (but I'm running 6V6s now) in a custom combo cab with a vintage JBL 15"

• Members

ive not been playing electric much in the way of gigs for a while, mostly sit and play the 69 gold top through a 1956 gibson lancer... replaced the original speaker with one from a fender twin... the only mod on the les paul is stainless frets...

• Members

I'm mostly recording these days, and not doing a ton of gigging, though that's likely to change later in 2016, as a new band I just got involved with is ramping up to do so. My offset guitars have been getting a lot of love from me lately. My Hamer Special is also a regular.

'66 Mustang -

479312DF-EDAF-4F54-A24C-D932EE61C7A4.jpg

'82 G&L SC-3 -

6272A133-BAB3-4D77-BC9C-5D0829FDE125.jpg

'92 Hamer Special -

IMG_6094.jpg

The pedalboard is ever-changing. This is the most recent pic I have I think. The current chain is Pitchblack > ZVex Fuzz Factory > modded BD-2 > RAT2 > EQD Hoof Reaper > Phase 90 (script) > TC Shaker > SupaTrem > DM-3 > Akai Headrush E2 > TC HOF > MXR Micro Amp. I use the SansAmp for in-ear monitoring. The amp is the main one I use for live stuff - a Valvetech Hayseed 30.

E7D28944-FC46-46DA-A20D-3817536722C2.jpg

• Members

Although I've played in a lot of rock bands and used a more traditional set up, I'm currently in a group that does ambient music and I'm using a Fender "Roland-ready" Strat with a Roland GR-33 guitar synth and Roland VG-99 for amp modeling and effects. I'm running in stereo direct to the board rather than using amps.

• Members

Cqg1GEG.jpg

Lately I've been playing my LP and LP type guitars through my Carvin X100b head and Carvin V3 cab with V30's.

I use a Line 6 Pod XT Live for effects only and midi switching.

I use a Voodoo Lab control switcher to allow me to switch the channels, effects loop, reverb, and boost for the x100b with the midi of the L6 Podxtl.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I play a lot of different things, but this is how things are shaping up lately.

The goldtop is a 56, Gretsch is a 57, LP is a 58 (IIRC), 335 is a 68 or 69 and Strat is a 54. The Heritage on the left is from the 2000s. It's a 535. The map is an old 6160 with the bias trem.

8d4ae217e859ce0f8ffac158513f93e7.thumb.jpg.d488c79eb601f5058413fadefe3eb2a8.jpg

• Members

Wish I had more opportunities to perform but with my schedule and that of my mates it's difficult. Last thing I did live was a party we played at last October and the rig I used was a 93 MIM Fender Strat, an old 60's vintage Custom 413 Magnatone and a pedal board with just some fairly generic pedals (OD, chorus, delay, fuzz, hypnotic flange) on it that actually work great together. Got some compliments on my tone (other musicians) and I wasn't even playing my best Strat or playing it through my big amp (Mesa Heartbreaker). I am pretty happy with my gear and my board.

Archived