RaVenCAD's NGD!

RaVenCAD

• Members

I spent the last two hours losing myself in this thing. It's a phenomenal creation. The flame is ridiculous. It's so wide and tubular it looks more like quilt. The '57 Classic pups are delicious. The setup is practically perfect for me. Gottta get some Elixirs and straplocks for it though. Looks like a 1 piece back as well. I've looked and I can't find any seams on it.

• Members

Mine came with the blank TRC already installed and the "T" in the case. Why Gibson ever thought that "T" was a nice aesthetic is beyond me.. I've been reading and apparently the gold hardware option is sort of a rarity. Any information on that?

• Members
Sweet. Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. I see neither you nor kherman got stuck with those butt ugly pus green tuners you usually associate with LPs.

that's because these are Grover locking tuners and not Kluson

deluxe vintage tuners. :D

• Members
Sweet. Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. I see neither you nor kherman got stuck with those butt ugly pus green tuners you usually associate with LPs.

Funny how they are so associated with Gibson LPs that some folks wouldn't even consider an LP without them. I personally think they are inferior tuners and heard and seen many complaints about tuning instability as well as mechanical failure. I know that there are many on this board that consider this heresy and defend their holy tulips to the hilt, but that's just my opinion. Like you I guess they look cheap to me anyway. Never sorry I ran a used one down that had stock Grovers.

Beautiful guitar Raven. Sounds like a holy grail with the one piece back and all (rarer nowadays it seems). Congrats and enyoy.

Archived