Anyone remember me?

pixelchemist

• Members

Been a while. Kinda fell off this site around the time of they switched software a few years ago... seems a bit quiet these days. Moved outta New York and back to Boston, got divorced, then married again and had another kid and now living in Singapore, still playing despite most of my gear being put away in hiding back in the states. Anyways happy New Year, hope to be making myself more present around here these days.

• Members
Sure do PC, welcome back, kettles always on, although it boils dry quite often:)

Any new family members?

yup have a few new additions... most of my gear is still back in the states collecting dust locked away at my dads amp shop for safe-keeping and the occasional jam buy my dad or one of his customers testing an amp until I either bring it here to Singapore... I did bring over my number one... my partscaster strat with the quatersawn rosewood tele neck and ebony board with stainless frets and EMG DG20s Set with SPC... but new to the collection are a Fender Crafted in Japan ST-64-DMC with a couple upgrades (Callaham Trem with Short Arm, True Vintage Trem Springs, Bone Nut) came stock with Dimarzio pickups that sound great so it's been left stock there, it's had the pots upgraded to CTS pots and the second tone is moved to the bridge. Also picked up an acoustic as I was missing having the option without one here so I grabbed a Takamine 50th Anniversary G-Series... tweaked the saddle a bit and it plays like a dream and sounds great and last but not least been learning to play Uke so picked up a nice mid-grade Riptide uke, something that plays nice and sounds good enough to actually make you stick with it rather than a super cheap one plus its got a pickup so fun playing with some delays or whatever...

010416_guitars_sg.jpg

Not a guitar but also picked up a ENGL GigMaster 15 to keep the neighbors hating me... unfortunately Singapore is 220V so couldn't bring any of my amps over with me and this one won't likely make it back if/when I do go back to the states. It's been great and is really versatile amp but I miss being able to use something with huge clean headroom like my Mesa Electradyne... condo life and insanity of gear prices here makes that difficult however...

010416_amps_sg.jpg

Last but not least there is a very special custom Telecaster with a mix of vintage and modern goodies on its way that should be here in a few days but I'll give that on its own post once its in my hands.

Next on my shopping list is something les paul or sg... though likely not a gibson... so many great japanese guitars available here probably going to go with an edwards or yamaha

• 1 month later...

Archived