AlexMC 's heads up... (NewDreamGuitarDay)

Jkater

• Members

Long time HCEG buddy and fellow Yamaholic AlexMC Pm'd me about this a couple of weeks ago. My DREAM guitar on ebay in Italy.

Some of you will remember me posting a while back about a very rare (less than 250 made) superlative top end Pacifica 1412 (I believe the highest Pacifica model ever made, designed by Rich Lasner, the chap who designed the JEM for Ibanez) . It's a fancy neck-tru with a complicated maple-ebony-mahagony assembled body that is a real looker.

The chance of ever seeing one in real life was, at best, quasi-impossible so I indulged in looking at pics and reading Rich Lasner's interview about how crazy that project had been and how impossibly expensive the guitar was to produce. The $2,200 price tag in 1990 wasn't expensive enough to make it profitable for Yamaha so it was gone within a short time.

This is one of the few guitars that I really really lusted for.

I contacted the seller immediately and, in order to get some cash for it I sold my Heritage H575 (a good guitar but one I didn't bond with). Story short: The PAC1412 is with me now and it's even better than what I could possibly imagine. I understand that the guitar was designed and built in California as a prototype but I do believe that the production was moved to Japan to the best guitar builders Yamaha had at the time.

It's in great shape for a 25 year old guitar that has been extensively played. Neck in perfect condition, not a single ding on the back of the neck and totally straight (and it has a great profile, wide and just the right thickness for shred). A few dings and scratches on the body but pretty minor expected wear . The frets are like new being stainless steel and very durable. The beauty of this guitar is impossible to photograph.

Enjoy the pics... and Thanks a bunch Alex. smile.png

daaf21bdaa8ec8a8cd7f929e2222355e.jpg.267674d9c4bc0825d50dbd739ad1581a.jpg

2129b1d8e49f226212319c3d53b3fa67.jpg.bbcc5f5a955b19e752396e7c71d4da1d.jpg

a60851dc9c3859e6f566e0c5e8e16a51.jpg.2567a5ddd40a88c2068c0f456629855c.jpg

1e27ed92398e0eb4dc9a8239300a1e4f.jpg.b39020bdabf5a665d0384a29f084fc14.jpg

74eb6de5f5a4707f0fb97cb8d685954b.jpg.13081aaa21c20719924ce61218a425fb.jpg

• Members
Very nice score!

From the specs it sounds like it was a design years ahead of it's time.

Nice to see you mrbrown. The way the different woods are sandwhiched together in the body is not seen very often. Many neck-tru have just "wings" flanking the center part.The interview with Rich Lasner about this guitar is interesting (for those who are interested... :) )

• Members

Yes. Post # 12 in this thread : http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...la-41/1102274-

and post # 16 in this one: http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...1192232-/page2

And I'm not kidding when I say I was a bit mesmerized by that guitar. The real thing is twice as good as what my imagination made of it back then. eek.png No pictures will ever convey the beauty of that thing. and not surprisingly, the neck is a player's dream. Perfectly straight after 25 years and a profile that is quite unusual : wider fretboard and thinner neck makes for a very confortable feel.

• Members

Wow, I never knew such a thing existed, stunning on a number of levels! :love:

The construction methods fascinate me and I don't know that I've ever seen its like - do you have a picture of the belly contour?

Anyway, what a fantastic guitar, and the fact that it is something you've long dreamed of makes it even sweeter. HNDGD! :eatdrink003:

phil-thumbs-up-small.gif

• Members

Thank you Preacher! Those pics are from the seller. I want to make pics of my own with some interesting perspective. In particular the headstock is very much angled which is really cool and not super common with six-in-line headstocks.

requested pics to follow in next post. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Awesome, that's fascinating - I've never seen anything like it. :thu:

A belated thanks!

You're welcome.

I am now seriously addicted to that guitar. I love the wider neck and smooth fretboard. It's such a looker, sometimes I take it out of the case and just look at it for a few minutes before I play it. :D Nice to play unplugged too as the generously chambered body resonnates pretty loud acoustically. It's basically a small bodied semi acoustic without the F holes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived