You And "Your" Ultimate/Fantasy/Dream Band

Midlife Rocker

• Members

Aside from finding questions like this almost impossible to answer....seeing as I would love to jam with virtually any of the musicians I like...

I'm going to answer this two ways with "off the top of my head" answers.

As a a drummer;

I'd love to jam with Les Claypool on bass, and....hmm....actually that's it.....wouldn't really need any other instruments.

In a band setting I'd love to be ACDC's (in their prime with Bon) drummer for a night.

As a guitarist;

I'd love to see what these guys could do with the material I write with me as the rhythm guitarist....

drums - Vinnie Colaiuta

bass - Flea

vocals - Corey Glover

lead guitar - Paul Gilbert

• Members

He is not my first choice which would be the guy worked with Steely Dan in the Live sessions recently banned from you tube. If you know who this drummer is I will edit ? (Purdie?)

Mick is a very tight drummer and competent place holder who would pull the band up for rockier stuff but, yes anomalous and temporary.

• Members

My first though was to have an all single female backing, but then I changed my mind. I've worked with allot of female vocalists and their Ego is larger then most males.

I've already had several ideal bands and all of them took allot of hard work to get them that way. The idea of walking into the perfect situation doesn't exist no matter how good the players are. It takes time to get to know other players and be able to read their minds on stage so it only takes a glance and everyone knows what to do.

I suppose the ideal band would be the one I could afford to hire full time so they didn't have to work day jobs and could rehearse 8 hours a day like a full time job. That's the only way you can get good enough to get the best gigs. The one night a week rehearsal crap takes too long to get things together and if you're paying people to play your music, you can simply hire someone else if they don't measure up.

Who wouldn't rather be playing guitar full time for a decent wage vs working a day job?

Here we go

Vocals- Chris Cornell

Vocals- Layne Stayley

Lead Guitar- Jimi Hendrix

Rythym Guitar- Kim Thayil

Bass- Flea

Drums- Matt Cameron

Percussion- Guy from Slipknot

Yea, you can probably tell what my favorite band is just by checking my lineup

Archived