NGD today!

badpenguin

• Members

fetch?id=31628963&type=largefetch?id=31628964&type=largefetch?id=31628965&type=largefetch?id=31628966&type=large Hey all. Saw this a couple of weeks ago in a GC, and I fell in love. The 3 piece ash body, neck with the frets inlaid directly into it, the EMG's, and the tone just melted my heart. BUT, I have too many. I admit this, I have a problem in saying no to a guitar. I know I can't save them all, but damminit, I can try, right? Anyway, my lovely wife and I were out, and she took me to GC, and bought this for me on a whim!

1999 Samick made JB Player "Professional Series" tele. It's weighty, around the 9 LB mark, but it's really comfy in the lap. The EMG's are..... different. The neck is almost bucker like, yet single, both, a nice sweetness. the bridge is where the difference lies. Not as "twangy" as a tele should be, buts till pleasing. I may change the bridge to a Wilkenson 3 barrel, but haven't decided yet. And the nut has to go.

• Members
. . . The 3 piece ash body, neck with the frets inlaid directly into it, . . .

. . . And the nut has to go.

Happy New Guitar Day. I keep saying I think Teles are butt ugly and yet I keep seeing Teles that make me rethink that. This is one of them. I love the grain of the dark ash, the binding, and the way the pickguard goes with the color of the body.

When you say "inlaid directly" do you mean there's no separate fretboard? Just a single piece neck/fretboard combination? Applause did that years ago with a single piece aluminum neck/fretboard/frets. And what's wrong with the nut?

• Members

Me neither, though I have had some great ones. Had the SA/SA/85 in a superstrat and loved them. Had the 81's, and hated them, then had the 91 in a jazz box, and was completely "meeehhh" about it. The WORST was the HZ series. Couldn't get them out of the guitar quick enough!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived