gardo

• Members

1 there is no one I enjoy listening to more

2 No one is more in touch with what I need to hear

3The tone is always just right

4 I can feel the emotion in every note

5 I don't much give a rip what anyone else thinks I play for me

• Members

Yeah me too. It's just a natural gift. Even an out of tune guitar sounds like exotic jazz in my hands I can't go wrong.

Sometimes my coat tail brushes the strings when I walk past the guitar rack and people say "Wow you should record that" *

* They might not actually say that but obviously they think it. :)

• Members
Number 3 intrigues me' date=' tone being always just right. You're never chasing tone? I see that through my eyes as I'm always am looking for more, to a fault.[/quote']

I spend a lot of time chasing tone. But when I play,especially with or as accompaniment ,the tone seems right because my focus changes.. Instead of asking how to get there I ask what can I do with this.I follow the tone instaed of chasing it.

• Members

The three things I think I'm good at are finding a tone that works in a particular context, finding and staying in the pocket (time) and remembering and sometimes delivering lyrics. Being mainly a rhythm guy, good lead players used to intimidate me, but now I'm more content and aware of what I bring to the table.

• Members

Personally, I'd rather munch on a popcorn ball or rice crispy treat ball than rate myself. But, since that's the topic du jour, I always stop short of perfection each day only because there always seems to be a following day. Being competitive and with no one even a respectable second place, I have to pace myself. If I'm not careful I'd be so far out ahead of myself I'd never catch up and quit from sheer lack of competition.

• Members
Personally' date=' I'd rather munch on a popcorn ball or rice crispy treat ball than rate myself. But, since that's the topic du jour, I always stop short of perfection each day only because there always seems to be a following day. Being competitive and with no one even a respectable second place, I have to pace myself. If I'm not careful I'd be so far out ahead of myself I'd never catch up and quit from sheer lack of competition. [/quote']

Sure ,a lot of people have more ability than me. I like having the music flow through me instead of just soaking it up. I am the only one in that equation

I enjoy the heck out of playing, but I don't know that I can say I enjoy playing music more than listening to it. It's probably 50/50 for me.

As far as the size of our respective instrument collections, I have fewer than two dozen stringed instruments, so there's no way I could possibly be the best guitarist here.... but I'll put my studio up for comparison with anyone who wants a crack at the title of best producer / engineer. ;):p:D

• Members
I enjoy the heck out of playing, but I don't know that I can say I enjoy playing music more than listening to it. It's probably 50/50 for me.

As far as the size of our respective instrument collections, I have fewer than two dozen stringed instruments, so there's no way I could possibly be the best guitarist here.... but I'll put my studio up for comparison with anyone who wants a crack at the title of best producer / engineer. ;):p:D

I have said this before, my open G chord stands the test of time. :D

I'm not so much into studio gear as the guitar and amp thing, but you need both to get a job done.

I actually lost count on how many string instruments I own. I sold off a few things here and there, but not much. Some amps were amazing, but I got sick of shuffling them around. Plus they were heavy.

What I really enjoy at times is the creative part of songwriting, then work through the process of recording a tune. I could probably do that all day, but it's more fun to do it on work time. :D

My recording gear is kind of old now, and pretty much obsolete.

I think my AKG solidtube bit the dust, damn that was a nice mic. I should look into having it fix.

I have a few other mics and I'll probably make due for now.

Archived