Phil X.....Superstitious.....(the drills)

soundcreation

• Members

Check out this amazing cover of superstitious....starts at around 11:48 if you don't want to watch the guitar review...

[YOUTUBE]NW13vfMrsxk[/YOUTUBE]

In my opinion...that's as good a version as has ever been done.....it's like they've perfectly melded the heaviness of the BBA version with the funkiness of Stevie's original....

Good version but more interesting to me' date=' was his personality. Being 49 and having spent his life in music, it's shaped his personality, that, or he's taken too much coke on the day.[/quote']

Phil's actually a very nice (and pretty smart) guy. I have another friend who's a lot like him, personality wise. On first meeting him you might think he was on meth or something, but he's just kind of a hyper guy naturally.

As far as the performance / version, I agree it's really good. One thing I noticed is how Phil somewhat changed and simplified some of the signature riffs / hooks, but I really didn't miss anything in the translation - he still got the point across.

Good band. Phil's a very talented player and singer.

I wonder what studio that is...

• Members
Very tasty. He needs to switch to decafe though.

And a point of clarification. Stevie wrote the song originally for Jeff Beck for Beck, Bogart and Appice. (however you spell his name)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xjmpBfk9uo

Sort of. They were hanging out together at a studio or something and Beck was playing the drums....playing the intro beat...and Stevie said something like what's that and Beck got embarrassed cause he's not a drummer, but Stevie said keep playing and came up with the riff. He said Beck could have it, but he released his version first before BBA put theirs out.

• Members

Interesting....

I don't get that at all. I always just think that's his act.

With people who are "compensating" you can always see the nervousness under the surface. They reveal it with social awkwardness. I've seen many of his interviews where he's "calm" or "acting normal" and he never comes across as awkward in anyway. Just a normal dude who's stoked he's doing what he's doing.

• Members

Stevie rules. Just listening to Innervisions the other day. That and Songs in the Key of Life would have to make my top twenty for sure. I like Phil even if he is "over the top" which he definitely is. What a salesman though, thanks to him my old Magnatone amp appreciated about 125% in just a couple of years.

• Members
Check out this amazing cover of superstitious....starts at around 11:48 if you don't want to watch the guitar review...

Of course, the name of the tune is actually Superstition. green.gif

​The original release by Stevie Wonder back in the day had Jeff Beck on geetar. Jeff Beck released his cover version of Superstition several months later after Wonder's release hit the top of the charts.

PS Stevie's version of Superstition is still king in my book. :)

A couple of different Stevies out there have experienced Superstition :cool:

[video=youtube;iTUYKHOdHCc]

• Members

Of course, the name of the tune is actually Superstition. green.gif

​The original release by Stevie Wonder back in the day had Jeff Beck on geetar. Jeff Beck released his cover version of Superstition several months later after Wonder's release hit the top of the charts.

A couple of different Stevies out there have experienced Superstition :cool:

[video=youtube;iTUYKHOdHCc]

lol....nice catch.....I totally missed my mistake....I always do that with "I ain't superstitious" and superstition....

Europe weren't superstitious though...

[YOUTUBE]5gU5Vg2JokU[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived