eBay issue, and your opinions

badpenguin

• Members

greetings all, I recently won a set of Wilkinson P90's for a stupid price of 10 buck, with 4 shipping. So today they arrive, and I see they aren't the Wilkinson P90's, but Epiphone P100's with the Wilkinson covers on them. So, how are they, compared to a P90? (P100's, have a dummy coil to kill the hum, supposedly.)

• Members
greetings all, I recently won a set of Wilkinson P90's for a stupid price of 10 buck, with 4 shipping. So today they arrive, and I see they aren't the Wilkinson P90's, but Epiphone P100's with the Wilkinson covers on them. So, how are they, compared to a P90? (P100's, have a dummy coil to kill the hum, supposedly.)

I personally don`t like Epiphone pickups. Epiphone guitars are fine, but pickups not so much. Wilkinson, on the other hand, make great pickups for the money.

• Members

Personally take it up with the seller first. I rarely do ebay and people can be deceiving at times. Maybe in all honestly the seller didn't.

This is were paypal can shine if you used it.

I ordered a Bodhran from Ireland once and it was taking for ever to come. I contacted paypal, and they contacted the seller immediately . It turns out the sellers mom had passed away, or so he said. I kind of felt bad about the whole thing, but it was like 3-4 weeks and a few emails and I hadn't heard from him.

Peeps that sell stuff on ebay, really want positive reviews, so try contacting him and go from there.

Best of luck

• Members

I've never met a P100 style pickup that I've liked. Even the dimarzios I had in a guitar just didn't sound like P90's. I've also never met a Epiphone pickup I liked. Contact the seller first. If he won't make good, you have plenty of recourse through eBay, PayPal and potentially your credit card company.

• Members

I personally don`t like Epiphone pickups. Epiphone guitars are fine, but pickups not so much. Wilkinson, on the other hand, make great pickups for the money.

I agree that generally, Epiphone pickups leave a lot to be desired but they're new Probucker Series are good, really good and can be had for cheap. I actually prefer them in some ways to Burstbuckers as they're potted. I bought two pickups with all the wiring and harnesses for under $60.

• Members

Well, spoke with the gentleman, and I believe him in saying it was a mistake. I kept them, and actually dig the bridge p/u. The original a Dean for the Evo-60, was lame. At least the P100 has a little bit of grit in it. The neck, unless I route the body won't fit, and that's ok, the original one was fine. Now, what to do with the P100 for the neck....

Archived