HNGD - Herritage Content

BG76

• Members

Just picked up this Heritage 535. It's a great feeling guitar and sustains like nobody's business. I put it next to my 60s ES-330 and the dimensions look to be about the same.

I tried a whole bunch of Gibson ES-335 models from a few different years and couldn't find anything I liked as well. Even for more money. Plus, the top is really pretty.

If you're looking for an ES-335 style guitar check one of these out!

663a17b03d0b379ecc15b61c48dce12d.thumb.jpg.d203faab4359bf9a7fdf276be3b8e161.jpg

• Members

When looking for a semi hollowbody, I test drove a bunch of Gibson es 335's, some Heritage 535's and the couple of Prospect. Some of them had the split coil humbuckers. I very much dug them.

In the end I ended up with a Gibson ES 335. They were all kind of in the same price range, give or take a few hundred bucks. My ES 335 has a light flame top, but I must admit the Heritage tops had a deeper flame that looked amazing.

My ES 335 has Grover tunes, which are very nice.

Gibson would eventually kind of copy the Prospect body with there smaller ES 336.

There's nothing shabby about the Heritage stuff at all. A dealer in my home town many many years ago was one of the first dealers in the country to sell Heritage guitars. He also sold Gibson, but he said like Fender, Gibson was getting to be a pain in the ass to deal with. He had drop Fender years before.

The guy sold guitar out of his 2 car garage for 40 years, but has now since long passed away.

Heritage jazz boxes are amazing and the company still does things the old fashion way.

If you have never seen this check it out. Old timers lovin what they do.

[video=youtube;aWn2FIkBwb8]

maxresdefault.jpg

• Members
Love to try me a Heritage some day. Love the blonde' date=' the headstock (I don't know why but I like the Heritage Headstock more than Gibson) and the Grover Tuners (hate those tulips).[/quote']

Agreed. I hate those pus green tuners they put on Gibsons. I like the tulip shape but oh, that color . . .

. . . A dealer in my home town many many years ago was one of the first dealers in the country to sell Heritage guitars. He also sold Gibson, but he said like Fender, Gibson was getting to be a pain in the ass to deal with. He had drop Fender years before.

The guy sold guitar out of his 2 car garage for 40 years, but has now since long passed away. . . .

The guy I bought my 12-string acoustic from sold guitars out of a prefab building next to his house in a little town in southern Illinois. I love little mom and pop places like that.

Archived