Pedals made in China are all rubbish.

Stockholm Syndrome

• Members
Nice satire' date=' but are three threads necessary?[/quote']

Just trying to make a point. Zenophobia seems to be supported by the site so its perfectly legitimate. I am actually disgusted with them and this is my only means of protest, apart from a few pm,s , that will be ignored.

Sorry if its annoying but I think its important. If my Dad got banned for something real, fine. But calling a near racist a zenophobe?. Its nonsense.

• Members

Just trying to make a point. Zenophobia seems to be supported by the site so its perfectly legitimate. I am actually disgusted with them and this is my only means of protest, apart from a few pm,s , that will be ignored.

Sorry if its annoying but I think its important. If my Dad got banned for something real, fine. But calling a near racist a zenophobe?. Its nonsense.

At least get the spelling right, you're not even close... It's "xenophobia".

For what it's worth, I'm xenophobic, against ISIS members. :)

Who's your dad?

• Members

Well, fight the power.

• Members

I think you're pretty much preaching to the choir here. I'm not sure how many of the old guard of HCEG are left, but this place was a like a cult for cheapo Asian instruments. I personally tend to stay away from budget instruments, as that's where I am in my life, but I don't look down on others for their choices. Good luck on your crusade though.

• Members
You should buy American only. Like your American made computers and tablets...

Every "American made" computer and tablet I've seen for the past 15 or more years have all been made somewhere else besides the US -- China, Taiwan, or South Korea -- but usually China.

• Members

American made or European made pedals, I'll bet you will not find one component in them that was not made in Asia. Maybe the switch or the input/out put jacks.

Here's a few companies that still make resistors in the good ol USA.

You can use them in your pedals, but you probably won't. They ain't cheap.

http://www.precisionresistor.com/

http://www.prpinc.com/

Same deal with caps.

Nothing wrong with scoring a pile of NOS germanium transistors either.

Any home projects I have done in electronics, I try to use components with +/- 1% tolerances and can take the extreme heat of a super nova or the extreme cold or Mars. Just incase. Can one over build a guitar effect pedal?. :D

Otherwise I go straight to Mouser or DigiKey

Archived