Check out some of Neal Schon's guitars for sale...

Karma1

• Members

http://bananas.com/Neal-Schon-Bananas-Exclusive#The_Vault

The local music store here in the SF Bay area has just placed some of his iconic guitars up for sale. Neal has been a regular at this store (Banana's At Large in San Rafael, CA) for many years and he buys and sells a lot of gear there. I've seen him there a couple times. They've also had a similar sale with some of Joe Satriani's equipment about a year ago.

Once I walked in and I heard this intense shredding coming from somewhere in the store. When I walked back to check it out, I was shocked to see that it was Neal Schon tearing it up on a Fender Custom Shop Tele and big amp stack he was testing out. I hung out unobtrusively for about 15 minutes and got an incredibly cool personal concert experience. Talk about being in the right place at the right time! A few years before that when they put some of his other equipment up for sale, I was seriously tempted to buy a highly modified red Fernandes Strat-style guitar of his that he used to tour with, but I just didn't have the funds at the time (although it was WAY less expensive than the guitars in the above link.)

Anyway, check out the video, pics, and descriptions of the guitars.

• Members

It's interesting cause you posting this made me look up his link to Aria back in the day and then I came across this interview...

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Interview_Neal_Schon_on_The_Calling

where he says this....

"You had a Gibson signature model previously. You’re no longer with them?

No. We had a falling out. It was over a neck joint that I turned them on to. In the ’80s I was working with Aria in Japan for a long time, and I came up with an easy access neck joint on those guitars as well."

He's referring to the PE series of Arias.

Then gibson goes and copies Aria anyway and puts out the Axcess.

I guess it's not a surprise it's his gibsons he's selling.

Archived