NAGD... Incoming! Westerly Guild D55

billybilly

• Members

Just on my way out the door to pickup my Westerly Guild D55. Played it last night but couldn't access funds so she's getting picked up in about 30 minutes. Will update!

Playing for about 30 minutes last night, it's very full, balanced and lush. Not as scooped compared to a Martin and without the annoying treble response I find with Taylors.

More to come, exactly like this one.

fetch?id=31569090

• Members

Thanks everyone, it's here and we've had some time together. Original suspicions were pretty correct and I've thrown on some Elixir Nano 12-56's, which will take a few days to settle in but shes by far the best acoustic I've owned. The Martins I've played have a more aggressive sound, this one is like a fine wine,, very refined and not as bold but supper sweet. You can play an E major on it and just listen to it ring, it's beautiful, notes are very thick and even. Even my girlfriend stated, "wow, that really is a nice guitar". You gotta love that.

Some pics for the crew....

fetch?id=31570218fetch?id=31570222fetch?id=31570219fetch?id=31570220

• Members
Looks like a nice guitar. Congrats.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzjhwjj2N7aJjJxm0tBMv3S0De4TyFh5OzfQTXFKWBmapdjeFgsg

What is it about a Taylor's highs that you find annoying ? Some say they're an aquired taste.

It's just not the frequency I resonate with, very subjective. I prefer a "warmer" sound but that's just me.

• Members
Just on my way out the door to pickup my Westerly Guild D55. Played it last night but couldn't access funds so she's getting picked up in about 30 minutes. Will update!

Playing for about 30 minutes last night, it's very full, balanced and lush. Not as scooped compared to a Martin and without the annoying treble response I find with Taylors.

More to come, exactly like this one.

fetch?id=31569090

Guess you're gonna have to change your sig... ;)

Congrats!

• Members

Usually tinny to my ear. I also had a Taylor 710CE that started out sounding great but over the years the top sort of gave up the ghost and it got kind of mushy and overly boomy sounding. It actually sounded best with extra light gauge strings in terms of balance but then the volume was weak. I ended up selling it.

• Members
Looks like a nice guitar. Congrats.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzjhwjj2N7aJjJxm0tBMv3S0De4TyFh5OzfQTXFKWBmapdjeFgsg

What is it about a Taylor's highs that you find annoying ? Some say they're an aquired taste.

It's not the highs so much. It's Bob.

I find Bob annoying.

I was glad to hear Bob doesn't come with every new Taylor guitar purchase.I don't know where we would put him. He'd probably be considerate and try not to intrude. Bob seems like a polite fellow. He cares a lot too, about different stuff.

He's a champ, a true prince. But for some odd reason, I find him annoying.

I recorded a lot some years back w/an 814ce. Played beautifully. Glad I didn't buy it. In retrospect, I don't think it sounded very good.

Congratulations on the primo D-55. It's one of the greatest of all time IMO.

Archived