Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior - Wood Type

Adam O'Blivion

• Members

Anyone know what type of wood this one is made of? There must be two variations on this guitar. The only info on wood I could find was on one that has a S/S/S setup; that one has an Alder body. The one I'm interested in has a H/S/S setup. Here's a pic:

vintage-1985-aria-pro-ii-knight-warrior-electric-guitar-01.jpg

Most of the reviews on it say that it's weight is similar to that of a LP, and I don't remember thinking that any Alder guitars I've held were heavy. Thanks.

• Members

I have an RS Bobcat from the early 80's, still Japan built that resembles that guitar in terms of body shape and it's made of hard ash. It's a pretty cool little Strat-a-like with it's own unique vibe and voice. Weighs in about the same as my other Strats -seven pounds maybe. Although I've changed out the neck and the bridge pickups, the stockers are really some of the most vibey ceramics I've ever heard (just don't react all that well to gain). I use the middle stocker most for clean arpeggios and soloing because it's so fat and greasy. Reminds me of some old D'Armond foils I had years ago.

Archived