New Amp Day

steve_man

• Members

Back in my home town in New Mexico for a few days. While waiting on my dad to finish up an appointment, I stopped by the local guitar shop. Saw this amp sitting amongst all the regular black amps, and decided to give it a try. Played several different types of guitars through it, and this amp sounds great! It's a Vox Pathfinder 10. Single 8" speaker and 10 watts. Great clean tones, but like all Vox amps, it sounds best right at the edge of breakup. Nice size, good sound... walked out the door with it for $79... Can't beat a deal like that!

546b7ecad09153e2dd7832fc280b4ec7.thumb.jpeg.9164f9c7c5b0a17bb64bb59339afda00.jpeg

47db6ce601275c9d1a4cb4f435d52258.jpg.f2b7933ad7618d694ab52b081d9a1d3f.jpg

8613a81cede30606e20c4f816f15d8bb.thumb.jpg.e98745a86f85635b096d087a86e5ded2.jpg

• Members

Not crazy about the red tolex, but that's just me. looks like a nice practice/noodling amp otherwise (listened to a couple of youtube clips & it definitely sounds "voxy").

BTW- was this amp modded before you got it? specs online say its a 6.5" speaker.

• Members

My bad, it is a 6.5" speaker, but sounds great!

The red was not my favorite either... at first. However, when I compared it to the plain black one, and the cream colored one with the Union Jack on the front, this one just seemed to grow on me. Love the color combo now... and it looks great in my living room!

• Members
My bad, it is a 6.5" speaker, but sounds great!

The red was not my favorite either... at first. However, when I compared it to the plain black one, and the cream colored one with the Union Jack on the front, this one just seemed to grow on me. Love the color combo now... and it looks great in my living room!

How it looks in the livingroom is important,it keeps the wife happy. Mine thought my vinage Ampeg was ruining the every room I put it in.Untl a musician friend stopped in ,saw the amp and went crazy. Now it's allowed in her good living room Going into a music store is always a dangerous thing ,especially with cash. The Vox sounds like a cool little amp . We need variety,there's always a new sound to try

• Members

Excellent score in one of my favorite states in the Union! I think the red Tolex is kick! And some of the best recorded leads I ever did were on a 6.5inch speaker that I rescued out of a discarded cheap stereo speaker from a dumpster.

Enjoy!

• Members

HNAD looks pretty cool...

The pathfinders are the best sounding little amps I've heard. Enjoy. (I haven't tried the new Yamaha's though)

Those pathfinders sound nice but my 20w Micro Terror is awesome.

• Members

Yeah I sort of collect unique little amps, this amp takes pedals great. It is important to note Brian May did all of the great Queen leads with a SS 1 watt amp amd the Brian May model sold out amp has the same 6'5" speaker. Great Buy .. Though I got the cream 10 bucks more.

S0mo5RA.jpg

• Members
Great clean tones, but like all Vox amps, it sounds best right at the edge of breakup. Nice size, good sound...

Nice thing about small amps is that you can push them without blowing out the windows ....or your ears

• Members

If you're here in ABQ, and like beer, do NOT screw up and fail to sample some of the local wares. The last four years have been amazing (2013 and 2014 National IPA champs, as well as 3 of the top 4 in 2014). Top tier (and conveniently near each other in the newly ordained Brewery District):

La Cumbre

Canteen

Red Door

Add in Bosque and Marble and this has leap frogged San Diego as best Western beer city IMO.

Get the amp at Grandma's?

• Members
Yeah I sort of collect unique little amps, this amp takes pedals great. It is important to note Brian May did all of the great Queen leads with a SS 1 watt amp amd the Brian May model sold out amp has the same 6'5" speaker. Great Buy .. Though I got the cream 10 bucks more.

S0mo5RA.jpg

Yeah, saw one of those a couple of weeks ago. Thought about that one, but I liked the red one, as it was just totally different. Cream one looks great, too.

Archived