Jackson Dinky DK2 Pickup Overhall

salislore

• Members

I have a Jackson Dinky DK2 in eerie dess swirl. I bought it new, but can’t remember the year I bought it. It’s one of the older models that came with the Duncan Design pickups. I never liked the pickups. It’s still in mint condition. I know the body materials are different so they will never sound exactly the same, but I would like to change all the pickups to get the sound as close to a Phil Collen PC1 as possible.

The PC1 has a DiMarzio Super 3 Humbucker in the Bridge, A DiMarzio HS2 Stacked Humbucker in the Middle, and a Jackson Sustainer/Driver in the neck.

You can’t buy just the Sustainer/Driver from Jackson. They won’t sell it as a retrofit. So, two main questions:

1) Is it worth my time to replace Bridge and Middle pickups to match the ones in the PC1 along with something else in the neck or will I never get this guitar to sound even close to a PC1?

2) If it’s worth my time, what pickup should I put in the neck? I know there is the Fernandez Sustainer, but that looks like it would be a bear to get installed. Is the Fernandes worth it or am I better-off putting some other type of standard pick up in there?

I appreciate any and all feedback….

Archived