Anyone ever play a Jay Turser JT-Hawk 12?

phaeton

• Members

I linked it below. There's a used one up on CL for $175. I sure as hell don't *need* any more guitars, but I've been keeping my eye out for an electric 12-string off and on for some time. I know that in this price bracket it's not going to be a stellar guitar, but I bet it's good enough to figure out if I would really play a 12-string electric often or if the novelty would wear off. I know nothing about Jay Turser guitars, other than someone once called them a "secondary premium brand like Godin, PRS, and Charvel". My research doesn't support that.

Has anyone played one? I like the coil-tapping options and online it says they've got somewhat of a wide neck (which I prefer in guitars).

It looks like the bridge saddles intonate the strings in pairs. i.e. the wound E and its octave-up sit on the same saddle. Is this a 'cheap guitar' trick that could affect intonation, or is that pretty par for the course for 12 strings?

Also, whenever I look at electric 12-strings (semi-hollow or not) there seems to be only $400 guitars and down, or $2000 guitars and up. Am I missing something in the middle there?

Thanks.

Archived