Pedal Board Tuner Recommendations?

thatsbunk

• Members

I currently have a Korg Pitchblack on my pedal board. Works great & never had any problems with it in the past. However our band played an outdoor party last weekend & I had a real tough time seeing the display through the glare. Are there any pedal board tuners that have a better/different display that work better in an outdoor setting? I have 2 more outdoor parties to play in the next month & would like to be prepared. FWIW I play a 12 string & mando too & as you may know they are sometimes a challenge to keep in tune...

• Members
...played an outdoor party last weekend & I had a real tough time seeing the display through the glare.

Build a little "hood" out of black paper and place it over the top of the display so that the pedal's display area remains in the shade. Tape the hood to the sides of the pedal. All you'll need to do to read the display will be to step back a little and read it at a bit of an angle. Once the sun/glare problem eases, you can move the hood back a bit or just completely take it off.

• Members

Build a little "hood" out of black paper and place it over the top of the display so that the pedal's display area remains in the shade. Tape the hood to the sides of the pedal. All you'll need to do to read the display will be to step back a little and read it at a bit of an angle. Once the sun/glare problem eases, you can move the hood back a bit or just completely take it off.

:idea: great idea! will try this out...

Archived