4 Never argue with a grouchy old man ,also pointless

5 Never post your playing,it's better to keep them guessing

6 Never admit you're not a rocker

7 Never admit you are a metal head

8 Never post pointy guitars

9 Never miss the chance to post all other gear

10 NEVER pay any attention to stupid top 10 lists

• Members

11. Never use photo's that don't require scrolling Preferably use 12 meg jobs that need scroll bars both top to bottom and side to side

12. Never just use a list of song names when you can fill two pages with a long line of you tubes.

12a Assume nobody here has a clue what Brown Sugar sounds like unless you post a youtube of it.

• Members

Don't try to play 'keeping up with the Joneses next door.' Been there, done that, and just because someone has 200 guitars, doesn't mean you have to.

I quit long before 200. Still, it was liberating to get rid of guitars that I didn't play and that didn't inspire me. Took a bit of a beating, but I learned a valuable lesson.

• Members
Don't try to play 'keeping up with the Joneses next door.' Been there, done that, and just because someone has 200 guitars, doesn't mean you have to.

I quit long before 200. Still, it was liberating to get rid of guitars that I didn't play and that didn't inspire me. Took a bit of a beating, but I learned a valuable lesson.

Also more expensive gear does not mean your a better player ,it took me a little while to realize that.

1 Most Important, Never admit you don't know what You're talking about

2 (similar to 1) Never admit you were wrong

I've done both numerous times on various forums on HC. idk.gif

3 Never argue with an "expert" it's just pointless

When it's a real expert, I'm all ears. When it's a person who is self-delusional about their level of expertise, that's another story... wink.png

PS As a person who has been classified as an "expert" on a few topics enough to give expert testimony on them in court cases, I'll be the first to admit that even experts aren't always right. redface.png

4 Never argue with a grouchy old man ,also pointless

Depending on my current mood, occasionally I resemble that remark! smiley-angry002.gifwink.png

5 Never post your playing,it's better to keep them guessing

I've posted my playing, although I've never made any claims of being a great player.

6 Never admit you're not a rocker

Sorry - I am. Deal with it. wink.png

7 Never admit you are a metal head

8 Never post pointy guitars

lol.gif Each forum kind of has its own flavor and attracts its own audience. The metal heads and pointy guitar crowd used to hang in the Amps forum... so while those things may not go over well on HCEG, you can always post them over there. biggrin.gif

9 Never miss the chance to post all other gear

I don't mind posting pics of gear - both my own, as well as stuff I'm reviewing - but I have a lot of gear, and an exhaustive photo catalog of everything is a bit overwhelming to try to post all the time. redface.pngwink.png

10 NEVER pay any attention to stupid top 10 lists

Ooops. philpalm.pngredface.pngbiggrin.gif

• Members

I don't mind posting pics of gear - both my own, as well as stuff I'm reviewing - but I have a lot of gear, and an exhaustive photo catalog of everything is a bit overwhelming to try to post all the time.

I"m hearing a song in my head as I read this. Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good

• Members

Experts... Well, I'm certified by a degree as a supposed expert on literature, but when I was playing my uncle's Firebird after strumming his Gibson dreadnought, I mentioned something about Romeo and Juliet being the basis for most romantic storylines to my cousin, who challenged my assertion. I was too busy being dazed by the Firebird. Now I want one. I think I was right and wrong, since Shakespeare's plays are indeed the basis for so many plots to this day, but I had forgotten about The Taming of the Shrew and other such plays. I didn't really care. I had a Firebird. It was white. I liked it. Firebird. White. Me likey. It was like a hot model walking in the room while trying to give a lecture to a roomful of colleagues. What? Oh yes, that Firebird has nice pickups.

• Members
Experts... Well' date=' I'm certified by a degree as a supposed expert on literature, but when I was playing my uncle's Firebird after strumming his Gibson dreadnought, I mentioned something about Romeo and Juliet being the basis for most romantic storylines to my cousin, who challenged my assertion. I was too busy being dazed by the Firebird. Now I want one. I think I was right and wrong, since Shakespeare's plays are indeed the basis for so many plots to this day, but I had forgotten about The Taming of the Shrew and other such plays. I didn't really care. I had a Firebird. It was white. I liked it. Firebird. White. Me likey. It was like a hot model walking in the room while trying to give a lecture to a roomful of colleagues. What? Oh yes, that Firebird has nice pickups.[/quote']

Here's some Shakespeare for you

[video=youtube_share;63zwfLotJgw]

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I"m hearing a song in my head as I read this. Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good

I get this one bad, In fact it's down to

"My Maserati does one eighty five,

I lost my license, now I don't drive"

on a loop

• Members
One thing I would like to add to the 10 things list..... Never work on the HC site for "maintenance" A sure guarantee of something to get screwed up bigtime.

....and losing more people.

I would like to think that this site is all about people ,but I know the reality that people don't generate income and advertising does.

Still, without people the ads are pointless. We need more people

At the very top of the page it says "who's online" . I hope this is not working because when I check it says ! member and 0 guests.,this is rather discouraging.

Okay,the end of my rant.

Archived