PRS SE One Korina in Yellow

epi56ebony

• Members

Just checked a used one out at GC for $279. Although I sold the two PRS SE's I had, I thought they were both great guitars [had to make room, something had to go]

I love the Yellow finish, looks like a LP jr. and the simplicity. One pickup, one volume knob. Played great too.

It's got me thinking....[must resist, too many guitars already!! ] but boy did it give me major G.A.S.!!!smiley-music014.gif

• Members

I disagree Rae... personally hate PRS, just because it's always "almost" right, and never quite right to my hand and ears. And no matter what I do, it's still never quite right, like it was designed that way to frustrate you.

• Members

I've found most, but not all, of the PRS SEs, to sound a bit bland (a bit better luck with the Paul Allender and Santana models); HOWEVER, I do find the Korina models to be a bit more intriguing. In general I like the tone from Korina bodied guitars, but then again, not all "Korina" (limba) is the same grade. But in general I find it to be a bit more semi-hollow-ish sounding compared to mahogany. One review of "Korina" I was just reading describes it as: "has a sweeter midrange, with enhanced responsiveness". I find some similarities in the way I describe it versus the "expert" description.

I'd be interested in a deal like that, if my collection weren't already at maximum density.

• Moderators
I disagree Rae... personally hate PRS' date=' just because it's always "almost" right, and never quite right to my hand and ears. And no matter what I do, it's still never quite right, like it was designed that way to frustrate you.[/quote']

Im no PRS fan at all, and have deperately wanted to like one, but never found any model I could get on with.....apart from this one.

The SEs suffer from stupidly thick finishes.

That said, on paper the CE24 should suit me

• Members

Im no PRS fan at all, and have deperately wanted to like one, but never found any model I could get on with.....apart from this one.

The SEs suffer from stupidly thick finishes.

That said, on paper the CE24 should suit me

I've got an an early 90s CE model, with some of the extra goodies, that sounds quite sweet. However, I bought it when the "thin neck" trend was in full bloom and the piece I ended up with at a local ma n pa store had that thin/wide design which made it a bit difficult for me to really bond with that particular piece. But zero complaints on its tone.

I disagree Rae... personally hate PRS' date=' just because it's always "almost" right, and never quite right to my hand and ears. And no matter what I do, it's still never quite right, like it was designed that way to frustrate you.[/quote']

I think they make some beautiful guitars. My issue with them is their neck options. With my short snausage fingers I am pretty particular about neck profiles and their Regular, Wide Fat and Wide Flat (Thin) options just don't work very well with my hands. :(

• Members
I really Hate the long heal on most of their necks .

Me too why I only get singlecuts, and I doubled up just for the wide fat neck. It's perfect for me. The Korina now has a 57/57+

The SE One is nice too like a junior, but kind of a limited palette.

IMG_0309.jpg

Archived