Ibanez S series vs. SA

mbengs1

• Members

About S guitars. i've never owned one. does it play different from say an RG? coz i've heard people play it and it sounds like its harder to play than other guitars. playing seems less fluid or flowing.

• Members

I have an emerald green SA260FM, and it's really nice. Truly gorgeous finish, very comfortable neck (especially for those of us small handed folk), good electronics, light and comfortable.

The worst thing was the pickups (they weren't bad per se, just kind of nondescript), but I swapped them out for a Dimarzio 36th anniversary and two noiseless Area single coils (Area 58s, I think).

It's a great guitar.

• Members

It has a Mahogany body, so automatically the sound is slightly different than an RG. the body shape is different on it so it will sit differently, forcing you to adapt to it, so you will play a little differently. The 22 fret neck, as opposed to the 24, has a different sound, so it will be different. Will all of these subtle things make it as different as a say a Paul versus a strat? No, but the differences will be there, and can be heard.

As for the fluidity, that depends on you. It's not harder than any other guitar, it's just not an RG. Each guitar is an individual.

Archived