Yamaha THR-10: I couldn't resist... anymore!

Misha

• Members

I thought it wouldn't sound good because we rarely rave about Yamaha amps for guitar but then I gave it a try: I love this little thing! (And it looks better than my... toaster!)

• Members
Looks like a really good product and a great practice tool' date=' congrats.[/quote']

Thank's!

I think it is a good product too! The only downside is that you can look a bit tired at the office in the morning because you don't want to stop playing at night!

I didn't have really high expectations, but the first time I heard one, I was pretty blown away. They're a lot louder and better sounding than the packaging might lead you to believe. I could see it being useful not only for practice, but even for recording purposes. Congrats, and HNAD! :cool2::rawk:

• Members

Thank's a lot!

The amp makes me practice more because it's very easy to get a good sound out of it (even at low volume). It results in more playing and less tweaking! I haven't even tried pedals with it yet nor connected it to my PC. I just play/practice! It sounds good with a Godin Freeway Classic (I got one labelled as "prototype" and the action is very low and easy on it!)

• Members

I have a preconceived idea that Blackstar amps are only for metal. Maybe I'm wrong!? I would at least like to try a little Blackstar Fly-3. Next time I feel like getting a new pedal, I should give these amps a try!

• Members

Thank's !!

Right now, I wish I would be playing with it. But it looks like I'm officially starting my week off by an emergency at the office! Geez... Well, it will pay for the amp a bit!

• Members

Merci beaucoup, gardo!

I left the office late at night after the emergency at work but vacations finally arrived at 2 am !! No party though: only a good night of sleep!

I plan to play guitar a bit. What I like to do is watch guitar lessons on the net/ Youtube !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have one too and really like it. It's my bedroom nightstand amp.

I like its tone capabilities, size and features. Only complaints are when it starts to get farty sounding when the volume gets up and they're not cheap.

But I'm tempted to also get the "Classic" version as well. Don't know if I will, but I'm tempted.

• Members
I have one too and really like it. It's my bedroom nightstand amp.

Only complaints are when it starts to get farty sounding when the volume gets up and they're not cheap.

I own the original THR10 model and the high gain THR10X model that came out a couple of years later. It seems like I can cover just about every amp tone in existence that I care about with just those two amps, and the tones are pretty damn convincing in a sort of hi-fi recording studio kinda way.

Otherwise, it sounds farty when you have it dimed and running on batteries. If you run it on the AC power supply, there are no such problems. You really only need to turn it up to 2 o'clock to be living room filling loud. I play either of mine at 10 or 11 o'clock and they are more than sufficiently loud.

Archived