Epic Guitar Fails Compilation- Graphic language

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

I'm blaming the Hair bands for that round the horn guitar swing move. I think there was even a segment of Whitesnake in there with the fail. Course I guess it all goes back to Pete Townsend and Jimi with the guitar abuse thing.

And I totally want one of those classical guitars I can play scorching leads on.

• Members
Bozos like that keep my repair business going. I charge more for stupidity

Like my son's friend who left an acoustic guitar lay on his bedroom floor. You know what happened next. He came in one night and stepped right on it.,and this guy weighs about 300 lbs.

• Members

I don't get into stuff like that but once I banged the headstock of my bass on the ceiling while taking it off to put it back in the case. Some years ago, there was a Country band on America's Got Talent and the vocalist/guitarist would toss his Tele into the air and catch it. I couldn't help wondering how many guitars he ruined before he got good at it. I'd post a vid but I don't recall the name of the band and I can't find one.

• Members
Saw Hoyt Axton (how many of you know who he is?) break a string and toss his guitar off stage to his technician. The tech carried it back on and handed it to him.

But the cat was cool and he never said a mumblin' word.

• Members
Saw Hoyt Axton (how many of you know who he is?) break a string and toss his guitar off stage to his technician. The tech carried it back on and handed it to him.

Hoyt wrote a bunch of really good tunes! I liked his singing and playing as well. Real down to earth stuff.

• Members
I wonder if Rick Nielsen employs a full-time repair person, or if he charges his guitar tech for every guitar he throws to him that he doesn't catch...

[video=youtube;zdwMSONE-aw]

The relevant sections are 3:15-3:25 and 4:15-4:20

Rick Nielson was on an episode of "American Pickers" last year and said he had over 750 guitars. I'm thinking he probably found it pretty easy to forgive an Oopsie by a stagehand.

"Dream Police" is my all time favorite track by the band. Thanks for posting Phil!

• Members

Rick Nielson was on an episode of "American Pickers" last year and said he had over 750 guitars. I'm thinking he probably found it pretty easy to forgive an Oopsie by a stagehand.

"Dream Police" is my all time favorite track by the band. Thanks for posting Phil!

I'm not out to hijack the thread but ....

[video=youtube;Jo71pQxvAvc]

Personally, I'd never endanger my guitars in any Townsend or Hendrix fashion.

Archived