New Surprise Guitar Day!

steve_man

• Members

Been wanting a new acoustic for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on what I really wanted. Went by the shop today to look at Martins and Taylors... again... talked to my normal sales guy, and looked over quite a few guitars. The one that I had played a few times was gone... told me he sold it today. So, I looked at some others. He gave me some great prices on them, but I told him I was trying to decide exactly what I wanted. His response was, "Hey, no need to get in a hurry!" Thought that was kinda weird, but thought it was cool that he didn't pressure me.

Walked in the house, and there's a guitar case leaning against my travel case. First thought was that someone dropped it off wanting me to sell it for them. Glanced at my wife, and she had a weird look on her face. Opened the case, and it turns out that the guy sold the guitar I was looking at to my WIFE!!! He even knew it was me when I went in. Totally surprised, but now I'm the proud owner of a Taylor 214ce Deluxe! Stock photo, but it's a great guitar! Totally enjoying it so far!

284438c173e2d6bab7258b28101889fb.jpg.52df41036ff56c7e73225f6d486ed49f.jpg

• Members

yup, just gonna keep it and play it... backup to this one. I've had it for nearly 20 years, and and we've been a LOT of miles together... Had the pickup replaced in it a few months ago. Still sounds good, but fret wear is starting to cause a few minor buzz issues, which get amplified when plugged in. This will be my main guitar for leading worship.

Archived