For all you Guitar Playing Survivalist out there

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

Cellulite Picks are the same stuff they used to make movie film out of. Highly flammable.

I used to do a trick back in my pyro technic show days of the early 80's. I'd tape a matchbook striker to my LP top. Then when I'd get close to the finale of a song, I'd pick up a match stick, place it in back of the pick and rub the striker to light it up. I had it timed to where I'd then finish the crescendo with the lit pick, throw it up in the air and have it disappear in mid air. (At least most of the times) It would always get a good applause.

Today you try and pull that stuff off and you'd likely wind having your butt off to jail and sued you for endangering customers lives.

We used to do the flash pod thing too, but club owners didn't appreciate the mushroom clouds in their clubs. Too bad because that was pure shock therapy. Good way to sober up the patrons before the drove home. Do that today and you'd have the swat teams accusing you of terrorism and bomb making. I doubt they even sell the flash powder any more unless you're a licensed pyro technician. We'd just use coffee cans wired with an AC filament and stand back when we knew they were supposed to go off and hope the light guy didn't overload them.

Archived