Squier Vintage Modified HSS or Yamaha Pacifica PAC112J?

dpure

• Members
Essentially the same guitar - probably made in the same factory - except that one says Stratocaster on the headstock.

That being said, I've never met a Yamaha guitar I didn't like. Even the cheaper ones are good.

Do you have a chance to play them both?

http://www.guitaradventures.com/yamaha-pacifica-electric-guitar-series-review

No not yet. I know they carry the strat local to me but not yet yamaha I beleive. I was really sold on the pacifica but then I came across the VM and it being a strat blinded me I suppose lol.

Are they that similar? You wouldn't give the edge to the VM really? The other thing is I prefer a slimmer profile neck which I believe the Yamaha has but the VM is a bit bigger, from what I've gathered online at least.

• Members
Essentially the same guitar - probably made in the same factory - except that one says Stratocaster on the headstock.

That being said, I've never met a Yamaha guitar I didn't like. Even the cheaper ones are good.

Do you have a chance to play them both?

http://www.guitaradventures.com/yamaha-pacifica-electric-guitar-series-review

The same guitar?

Yeah apart from number of frets, type of frets, neck radius, neck carve, number of knobs, wiring of knobs, body wood pickups and trem.

• Members

The same guitar?

Yeah apart from number of frets, type of frets, neck radius, neck carve, number of knobs, wiring of knobs, body wood pickups and trem.

Which guitar would be better between the two in your opinion?

• Members

The same guitar?

I was thinking more in terms of build quality, playability, price and the the fact that they are strat style guitars with vintage style tremelo and a humbucker in the bridge position.

I too am a big fan of Yamaha guitars but the VM Squiers that I have seen are also good guitars.

yamaha%20pac112bl%20xl.jpg

15b7bc780400016c10daedef586e8da4.png

• Members

I was thinking more in terms of build quality, playability, price and the the fact that they are strat style guitars with vintage style tremelo and a humbucker in the bridge position.

I too am a big fan of Yamaha guitars but the VM Squiers that I have seen are also good guitars.

yamaha%20pac112bl%20xl.jpg

15b7bc780400016c10daedef586e8da4.png

Maybe you should have said that then. Rather than infer they came from the same production line with different logos?

• Members
Maybe you should have said that then. Rather than infer they came from the same production line with different logos?

Yeah, you are right.

One of my students came in with a Squire Strat that looked more like a low end Yamaha Pacifica than a Fender (although it had the patented Fender shape) and I was basing my comments on that.

Fender is a marketing company who gets a lot of their product built for them in factories around the world. Yamaha does the same thing but they don't do it with the same level of marketing that Fender does. It is not inconceivable that both companies could have similar guitars built for them in the same factory.

Archived