Floyd Faction!

hellion_213

• Members

Heard that fretter! I Bought my first Floyd equipped guitar around '01 or '02 and had never dealt with one. I took all six off on the first restring, and spent the next couple of hours trying to get it back in line and level. I thought, Man this ain't worth it. But after a time or two I got the hang of it, and can now restring and float in about 15 min and can't imagine life without them :thu: lock it and forget it

• Members

I used to practice doing melodic things with the Floyd, like doing a a D minor scale, depressing the low E to a D pitch, then C ..ect.....

But I still love old Gibson style tailpieces, you can bend strings between the bridge and the tailpiece on power chords .... real wicked effect, on an distorted amp.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Best Trem ever made

I laugh at the people who say they are too much hassle

"Like turning a few allen bolts once a month during string changes is too much to sacrifice for near perfect staying in tune"

And you don't take all of the strings off at once when changing strings.

You do it one at a time and no problems

• Moderators
I have two' date=' but prefer a real Fender Strat or a Bigsby, even when they go outta tune. Floyd's are a fing hassle..better yet, gimme A Whammy pedal.[/quote']

Floyds are absolutely no problem when correctly set up........what hassle compared to vintage 6 screw, modern two point Fender and a god awful Maestro, or none too brilliant Bigsby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Of the floyd types I tend to like the Ibanez Edge the best. What a great take on the OFR.

I also quite like a two point USA Strat trem with the block saddles and just two springs ala Jeff Beck. Really soft and subtle.

Ibanez has a newer pivot point trem that I've not had a chance to play on. Curious about that one.

• Members

Using a Floyd since 1986...my Hamer Scepter.

Again...it's more than just have a trem system. Tuning stability is outstanding, and I like the large platform for my palm. I've actually taken skin off on my LP...LOL!

Stand by for pic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived