My New Traditional Pro II w/Floyd

tele41166

• Members

Guitar Center exclusive model, only at guitar center. 60s neck. I love the tone on this guitar and the coil tap configuration is sweet. I have been wanting one like this for awhile. 1649.00 - 18 months no interest on GC card. I love it ~

74c3ee165c39dfcbf6c250b8d0133828.jpg.938e8d071ad89ae8fe15b97abcaa6a9d.jpg

3eb2515b12082b6f81c00fe8f83885ac.thumb.jpg.f653cbf202b62c9150ca85ae184a92fb.jpg

• Members

Gotta say a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose looks unnatural to me. Still, that is one sweet looking guitar. Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. Play it in good health.

Enjoy! Which p'ups does it have in it?

The Guitar Center web site says "Neck - '57 Classic; Bridge - Super '57": http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-II--60s-Neck-Electric-Guitar-H88457-i3157750.gc.

• Members

HNGD! ( . Y . )

i bought a (returned? floor?) 2013 tpii with a bad neck vol pot (someone fried it switiching to 50's wiring...). once pot replaced, wow! made my studio feel like an sg. i love the trad's sound and sustain. and the push-push arrangement (only gibby that has it, far as i know) is great also.

so enjoy!

• Members
HNGD! ( . Y . )

i bought a (returned? floor?) 2013 tpii with a bad neck vol pot (someone fried it switiching to 50's wiring...). once pot replaced, wow! made my studio feel like an sg. i love the trad's sound and sustain. and the push-push arrangement (only gibby that has it, far as i know) is great also.

so enjoy!

Are you are referring to push-push as opposed to push-pull when you say "only gibby has that"?

Yamaha uses push-push as well - I always preferred that method.

• Members

Thanks on the comments. Can not put this one down ! It is not light but makes up for it in tone.

The pickups or 57 Classic in the neck & Bridge is a Super 57. I am not changing a thing other than brass covers on the back. The neck pickup ring has a bow in it. I do not see a way to fix it other than replace it. Out of my 3 les pauls this one is my favorite. I walked in guitar center to get a box to ship out a telecaster fsr model in orange sunset with dimarzios one gold check it out, its still on ebay ! ! and I saw this guitar. 60s neck , had to get it. I do need to sell that telecaster its pretty cool and I have 1000.00 in it if any one is looking. You want find a better black top telecaster.

• Members
The Guitar Center web site says "Neck - '57 Classic; Bridge - Super '57": http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-II--60s-Neck-Electric-Guitar-H88457-i3157750.gc.

Ah, that's interesting. I picked up a 2014 LP Classic late last year that has the same p'ups in it. I would have guessed they'd gone for hotter p'ups in a LP with a Floyd, but those '57s do provide a lot of versatility.

:thu:

• 4 months later...

Archived