NPD

Etienne Rambert

• Members

I just bought a tremolo pedal, something I've needed for a long time. I don't know how it sounds yet. I haven't plugged it in yet. I have a hollow-body arch-top electric and a Roland AC60 acoustic guitar amp. But I use tremolo on a lot of my recordings.

I also have a 16 channel mixing board I'm thinking if using it as one of the fx channels. Right now I use a Lexicon MPX 110 for tremolo. But I also using it as chorus for one of my synths. I'm hoping the stomp box will free up the Lexicon for purely mixing board FX.

I have two stomp boxes now, a Wattson Super Fuzz and

the BOSS tremolo. now I need a Jazzmaster.

tr2_gal.jpg

• Members

I live overseas. So my selection is pretty limited. BOSS or Behringer.

Behringer was sold out. But I was pleasantly surprised the the BOSS pedal costs

exactly the same as MF.

Not only that, my amp is for an acoustic guitar. I need an electric guitar and an electric amp.

I want a Classic Player Jazzmaster (or a Telemaster), and some Fender or Peavy amp.

This shop had a beautiful Olympic White Squier Jazzmaster. But I'll wait a while on that. I want a Mexican Classic Player.

I'll use the tremolo on my single pick-up arch-top. But I'm going to experiment with it in the mixing board too. I have two Fx inputs. I use the Lexicon for both right now. But I run into trouble when I need tremolo on my guitar. At lot of my Youtube songs have tremolo on my arch-top. I use it quite a lot - in a recording context. I don't gig anymore. Anyway, to use the tremolo on the Lexicon I I have to set it to tremolo. Then I have to turn off the tracks I don't want to have tremolo. Then I dial the tremolo in - to play back ONLY on the guitar channel. With a pedal, I can by-pass that. I can use the Lexicon specifically for the mixer.

Played it a little on the amp last night. Sounds fine. Gives me fewer tremolo variations than the Lexicon. But (see above) for the problem I was trying to solve.

My Yamaha MG16/6FX has only reverbs in its built-in FX channel. It has two external fx channels. So I add the chorus/delay from the Lexicon to the FX channels in the mixer.

With a tremolo foot-pedal, can by-pass the mixer and have a functional set-up using the guitar, and the amp. I could also replace the FX channel 2 with something else - maybe the foot pedal.

Here's what the Lexicon tremolo sounds like. Only the guitar has tremolo on it. And it's run through the mixing board.

I-10 WEST © Marc Ellis Ⓟ Cognac & Cohiba

I hope the BOSS can improve it. I use tremolo a lot.

• Members

Doesn't pay to buy the budget stuff on some pedals. I bought a cheap tremolo pedal a ways back. It was awful. It was just an LFO which turned the sound on and off at a specific rate and didn't come close to say a Fender amp Tremolo. Sounded like a friggin vibrator.

I have one built into my Music Man amp that sounds really cool. Its a unique one. With the depth turned down its a single pulse tremolo like a fender amp. When you turn the depth up, it develops a double pulse. Its got a smooth rise and fall too, not a square or saw tooth.

You can get allot of good tremolos today though. I have one in one of my Digitec pedals that will do tremolo in mono or ping pong stereo panning that's a real trip when you have tow amps separated. Its like you're running back and forth on stage. Its got a realistic Leslie effect in there too. When you add drive it adds that organ effect.

• Members

One thing I found with the first Tremolo pedal I ever bought (a Voodoo Lab model) was that it sounded a lot better in the fx loop than in front of an amp. They say that is generally true of modulation pedals, but I found it to be particularly true of that Tremolo pedal) But one day I was complaining about the pedal to a guy I knew that worked at a guitar store (turns out he also did studio recording work) and right off the bat he recommended I try that, and he was definitely correct. The wave sounded a lot more smooth in the loop. I have a JC 120 and that might have been the amp I was using it on at that time.

• Members
HNPD! Boss makes some killer effects' date=' they just don't always play nice with others. Hopefully, you won't have any issues [img']http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/core/images/smilies/thu.gif[/img]

128640d1337922739-show-us-your-pedal-board-guitarpedalboard-jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! A little more ego boost juice and babe attraction reaction, is what I'm looking for in my tone pot elixirs.

One thing I found with the first Tremolo pedal I ever bought (a Voodoo Lab model) was that it sounded a lot better in the fx loop than in front of an amp. They say that is generally true of modulation pedals' date=' but I found it to be particularly true of that Tremolo pedal) But one day I was complaining about the pedal to a guy I knew that worked at a guitar store (turns out he also did studio recording work) and right off the bat he recommended I try that, and he was definitely correct. The wave sounded a lot more smooth in the loop. I have a JC 120 and that might have been the amp I was using it on at that time.[/quote']

Thanks. I'll try that. I was wondering myself.

Archived