My Take On A Cherry Burst ... No Clowns Allowed

Quarter

• Members

Here is a fun one I thought I'd share. My Coronet prototype in a hand dyed cherry burst. It is based off a late 1930's Recording King and yes, those are original Bakelite knobs :)

Some basic specs

24" scale

Black Limba / Korina body and neck

Quilt Maple top and headplate

Cocobolo rosewood fretboard / bridge / trim

Lollar Gold Foil pickup

Nickel Silver etched logo

Hand dyed Cherry Burst

Nitro Lacquer finish

coronet-001-20.jpg

coronet-001-18.jpg

coronet-001-19.jpg

coronet-001-23.jpg

coronet-001-221.jpg

coronet-001-21.jpg

• Members

P.S. Wandered back to this thread and wanted to ask, "What do you think of the Lollar Gold Foil?" I have one guitar that would be suitable for those, although it (a RI Silvertone) is probably not worthy of that level of investment.

• Members

Thanks again all :)

P.S. Wandered back to this thread and wanted to ask' date=' "What do you think of the Lollar Gold Foil?" I have one guitar that would be suitable for those, although it (a RI Silvertone) is probably not worthy of that level of investment.[/quote']

I think Lollar nailed it. A somewhat cheaper option I've seen is Mojotone has their version that looks to be using identical parts. Being that Mojotone is a pretty big pickup parts dealer, I wonder if they both are made from the same stock of parts. http://www.mojotone.com/gold-foil-clone#.VRBPtvnF-kE

If you go that route, use SPRINGCLEAN promo code for %15 off

• Members

Thanks guys! Its been a lot of fun building my instruments. Steel guitar has such a rich history to draw from and so many possibilities.

you really need to try and control yourself, you build summat that I think couldn't be surpassed....

LoL ... don't worry, the next one on deck is a much more modest build :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived