The Squier Army

mikesr1963

• Members

Once upon a time we had a Squire Army in HCEG. A dude ran it for a while and then suddenly vanished. I took it over for a couple years and updated and kept member names. When HC turned this place upside down I went to Marks and other places. Now that it seems a little more stable I'm listing the Squire Army under this post. If you're interested in posting photos and talking Squire guitars post a picture of yours and I'll add you to the list. Currently there are 292 people on the list who either do or once upon a time owned a Squier guitar. Mike

fetch?filedataid=126031

Edited by mikesr1963
  • Like 1

• Members

Members: Added member 292 on 7-27-2017.

adrianb23

AGF Mikey

AJ6stringsting

ajympt

ak47dragunov

Alex W

alnico2

Angry Tele

Anonymous Guy

Arkay

ashtray

A_Gitarman

axegrinder

BabaORiley

Battletits

Bee3

Bietel

blingdogg

blueshawk1

book_of_lies777

Brewski

Brian Krashpad

Briarhill

Bro Blue

Brujo13

Bun-Bun

Buttcrust

Bucksstudent

Cade

CanuckKid_15

catscurlyear

cBc

CGord

chqtarzan

Chris Gansz

chrisebrooks06

citizens_X

Cletus Spuckle

cogdog

Cooley

Cratz2

crofty9

curseoftruth

D34dBaWx

daddywalkin

DaleH

danger_boy_13

Danhedonia

Dario

DaveAronow

Davo17

Denracho

diddybow

Diesel7988

Dimmypage

Dougie.Douglas

drftrman

DRPool

Ebsy

echodeluxe

Edward

elev8trman

elfriede

elsupermanny14

endjustifymeans

espgold

evh1984

F-holes

Fade2Grey

fatfingaz

finboy

Firebrand

FoonkySteve

Frankencat

frankie pajamas

frankthomson

Frets99

fretmonster

FUBTAG

Funkytone

Furtive

fuzztone

garagebandking9

gardo

GAS Man

germs

gorebuc

gotboostvr

Gremson

Grrrbear

Gtrjones

GuitarCrazy

Guitarkid4143

GuitarNoobie

hagarfreak33

Hanglow

hapdoty

hardtdc

HeatherAnnePeel

heem6

HEPNOTIC

honeyiscool

Hooch1

Hudman

Humbuckerstrat

HypnoToad

ianlange11

ID_Ghost

ILikeGuitar

IndianScout

Into Nation

Iplayanesp

irunamok

isuck

Jables66

jamdogg

Jayers

Jcat5150

jbviper4

Jeffleg 2000

J-E-M

Jenesis

jeracuda

jerry_picker

JimSF76

Joe Bones

joegrant413

johnkline

Kellanium

ken361

kevinpaul

Kherman

kirs

KLeeneX

Knox in Box

Krish

Kujozilla

kulardenu

Lachupakabra361

Led Dirigible

ledak

leopardstar

Lloyd Rummell lowbrow

machine gunner

marc758

Marko

masterofthebeas

Matt08642

MattKirkcaldie

MellowMateo

melx

men's pants

Mercer

mfergel

mgb1977

mhn433

mikesr1963: (OIC since 12/31/2007)

milnersXcoupe

Minnie The Moocher

missfortune

MKSkud

mmcquain

mmkco

moestock

MorganB

MrChitlins

Mr.Grumpy

Mrrikki

Muddslide

mymindsok

Myrdhinn

NappyDugOut

Narwhal

Naveed211

nbabmf

ncsu08ms3

neal73

nevermind

Nirvana728

No Soul

noelio

noizemakr73

Norcal Git r

OGG

Old Fart Rocker

Ol’ Tree Frog

otis_rush_fan

orangesix

Orourke

Out of the Past

Papaschtroumpf

Pappity-Pap-Pap

phaeton

pathofspirit

_pete_

peskypesky

Phil051300

Phil O’Keefe

Preacher

pro_magnum

pulse765

Radar-Love

radioclash

radiosilence

Rand-O-Monium

randols

randomhero2006

Ratae Corieltauvorum

Ratdog472

Ratmonkey

Rdm

RedsFan75

reverberlayed

Richey888

Rick 381

ripvan

rjhalsey

rockape

RUExp?

saintdel

sartana

SawdustMan

Schtang

Shire

silverring233

sixstringer76

69lespaul

Skyforger

SlickCat

Snail_killer

snake eyes

snowaie

Solcat

Space Bandito

SpiritOfTheAge

Splendor

squish_man24

srspud

ssureshot

stacerdamen

Staredge

strat-man

Stricken

Superbat777

Sylvesterlowery

Tele0507

TeleHotrodder

T Rice

taylor210eman

tbs1959

thatsbunk

The Beatles27

Theaxeripper

thecornman

TheTones

thisISjoel

tocs100

Tribute2Johnny

Twiggyay

UllyssesSB

VanR

Vedder323

vintage clubber

voneville

wankdeplank

wedgehed II

Wicked_Tone

wietse

Wilberforce

Willeh

WoodenDuckMaker

woodsmandan

Wyzsard

xxxdonk

Yogi_Sizzle

yz250f49

Zemmy

Zen

Zurich17

Edited by mikesr1963
  • Like 1

• Members

I still own 7 of the dern things:

From my inventory sheet [TABLE=width: 695]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER '51 BLONDE[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER '51 2TSB[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER TELE CUSTOM II[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER AFFINITY TELECASTER SPECIAL[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER CLASSIC VIBE DUO-SONIC '50s Electric Guitar (Desert Sand)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER 60th Anniversary Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster - Aztec Gold + Fender Metro 60th Anniversary Strat Gig Bag[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER HELLO KITTY STRATOCASTER (used) $270 + Strap 30.95 + Gig Bag $95.78[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I wouldn't mine parting with one of the '51s, the Tele Custom II and the Affiinity Telecaster Special. They are all pretty good, but I need to thin down the herd a bit. The Affinity Telecaster is actually a nice looking guitar. I bought it as a poor man's '52 in mind with the plan to do some mods, but I've never gotten around to doing so. But I got lucky with some good wood grain matching on the one I received. The Tele Custom II used to be my favorite for throwing in the car when I was traveling some distance with some opportunity for some jamming at the destination. But lately I discovered that when I roll the volume off a bit, the tone dulls up. Took me a long time to realize that since I was usually playing it at home wide open and adjusting the tone/volume at the amp. But when playing with others, the drop off on the treble end when I had to lower my volume from the guitar controls dropped that guitar down in my esteem. But some new pots would probably help (or maybe a capacitor?). But I really don't know how much time/$ I'd want to put into it. It was always a bit on the noisy side for a P-90 and could use some better p'ups as well. Still a good value guitar though, and probably my most used Squier. The Classic Vibe Anniversary Strat and the Hello Kitty have just been added to the herd in the last 5 months or so. They're fun.

Well you all know what a HK looks like, but I'll adorn this thread with a few pics of that new Strat.

CGS1406151-angle-large_zps8a9470e3.jpg

CGS1406151-front-large_zps1b8185e4.jpg

CGS1406151-back-large_zps937da877.jpg

After I got mine from Sweetwater, I happened to be a large Ma n Pa retail store just South of me, and I saw they had one of those in their "Wayne's World Acrylic Display Case". While I think they may be "I'm not worthy of the glass display case", they are indeed striking looking strats.

Well, that's about all I've got to say about Squiers, other than they sure have gotten better than they were in the early to mid 90's. I was no fan of their laminate body era. I bought one of those for my son and it really couldn't be upgraded. The stock p'ups were actually about the best match for it, adding Lace Sensors was a waste of money, but changing out the chunky tuners was "a must".

It's nice that you can now get into the Classic Vibe Series and get a guitar that really doesn't need any mods.

Edited by GAS Man
re-post pics that dropped out.

• Members
Ahh man. I don't own any Squiers right now' date=' but I've owned many. My favorites were my Jagmaster (given to a neighbor), my first Tele (still own the body), a cherryburst standard Strat, and a Mexican Fender/Squier Tele. Now I'm kinda wanting another Tele.[/quote']

Cool. Added to the list.

• Members

I've found that they stick like glue.

I still own 7 of the dern things:

From my inventory sheet [TABLE=width: 695]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER '51 BLONDE[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER '51 2TSB[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER TELE CUSTOM II[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER AFFINITY TELECASTER SPECIAL[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER CLASSIC VIBE DUO-SONIC '50s Electric Guitar (Desert Sand)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER 60th Anniversary Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster - Aztec Gold + Fender Metro 60th Anniversary Strat Gig Bag[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SQUIER HELLO KITTY STRATOCASTER (used) $270 + Strap 30.95 + Gig Bag $95.78[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I wouldn't mine parting with one of the '51s, the Tele Custom II and the Affiinity Telecaster Special. They are all pretty good, but I need to thin down the herd a bit. The Affinity Telecaster is actually a nice looking guitar. I bought it as a poor man's '52 in mind with the plan to do some mods, but I've never gotten around to doing so. But I got lucky with some good wood grain matching on the one I received. The Tele Custom II used to be my favorite for throwing in the car when I was traveling some distance with some opportunity for some jamming at the destination. But lately I discovered that when I roll the volume off a bit, the tone dulls up. Took me a long time to realize that since I was usually playing it at home wide open and adjusting the tone/volume at the amp. But when playing with others, the drop off on the treble end when I had to lower my volume from the guitar controls dropped that guitar down in my esteem. But some new pots would probably help (or maybe a capacitor?). But I really don't know how much time/$ I'd want to put into it. It was always a bit on the noisy side for a P-90 and could use some better p'ups as well. Still a good value guitar though, and probably my most used Squier. The Classic Vibe Anniversary Strat and the Hello Kitty have just been added to the herd in the last 5 months or so. They're fun.

Well you all know what a HK looks like, but I'll adorn this thread with a few pics of that new Strat.

fetch?id=31451665

fetch?id=31451667

After I got mine from Sweetwater, I happened to be a large Ma n Pa retail store just South of me, and I saw they had one of those in their "Wayne's World Acrylic Display Case". While I think they may be "I'm not worthy of the glass display case", they are indeed striking looking strats.

Well, that's about all I've got to say about Squiers, other than they sure have gotten better than they were in the early to mid 90's. I was no fan of their laminate body era. I bought one of those for my son and it really couldn't be upgraded. The stock p'ups were actually about the best match for it, adding Lace Sensors was a waste of money, but changing out the chunky tuners was "a must".

It's nice that you can now get into the Classic Vibe Series and get a guitar that really doesn't need any mods.

• Members
I've found that they stick like glue.

Several guitars have come and gone and I have a new favorite from time to time but I always go back to that Tele.

Maybe because it was the least expensive one so i was not afraid to mod it my way,that and the fact that it always played good.

• Members

Due to continuing snafus with my PC, it seems I am no longer able to access certain individual pics. In any event, this picture is of my current collection of electrics and includes the two Fender Squier Series Strats (MIM 93 and 98) bottom left. The 93 is Fender badged (small Squier Series label never sanded off) and the 98 is Squier badged. After mods they both play and sound as good as my 89 American and I would proudly rock either of them publicly.

e2acf9f90486761ecccd433bb5d96cf8.thumb.jpg.3201463a8d8a7255e7c1497fe396da94.jpg

• Like 2

• Members

Really nice group!

Due to continuing snafus with my PC' date=' it seems I am no longer able to access certain individual pics. In any event, this picture is of my current collection of electrics and includes the two Fender Squier Series Strats (MIM 93 and 98) bottom left. The 93 is Fender badged (small Squier Series label never sanded off) and the 98 is Squier badged. After mods they both play and sound as good as my 89 American and I would proudly rock either of them publicly.[/quote']

• Members

Changed strings on my gold Squire strat the other day and scalloped the lower 6 frets closest to the pickups. When I strung it back up it was sounding right, really off. It had been around 10 years since I put the pickguard together and I hadn't set it up since. Just changed strings and played. Inspecting it this morning I pulled out a ruler to check the heights of the pickups and found them all off. I surprised me to say the least, but I guess if you play a guitar for a decade the pounding will cause things to change. All three pickups had changed in height on both the bass and treble side. I set it up using The Guitar Player Repair Guide and fired it up. Life is good again.

• Like 1

• Members

Squier Classic Vibe 50s strat... probably the guitar I use most.

Squier Tele - with upgraded everything including Fralin Pickups

Squier Vintage Vibe P-Bass which I'm not in love with. More interested in something short scale.

• Members
Squier Classic Vibe 50s strat... probably the guitar I use most.

Squier Tele - with upgraded everything including Fralin Pickups

Squier Vintage Vibe P-Bass which I'm not in love with. More interested in something short scale.

Sounds great, got any photos?