bought a new acoustic

mistersully

• Members

no pics yet but one of these suckers

gibson keb mo bluesmaster

LSKMVSNH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=410&width=1000

sounds like...

VyeKBBeMHr4

it's cool... i dig it... sounds good plugged in too

also grabbed a single avantone active mix cube for my studio... for that 'checking mixes through a small crappy type speaker' thing... works really well

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUgvINhyXw_y-FhXcOkGPgrgJWTzcmToKydUEi01m7Q197qyHm8w

good times!

• Members

Congrats, if yours sounds that great in the flesh, then that's awesome. Some years ago my wife bought me for a surprise gift the Martin Eric Clapton 000-28 and I really haven't bonded with it, just "appreciate it". I'm usually more drawn to dreadnaughts, but it sounds like that Gibson Keb Mo has some real nice depth to it for a smaller bodied guitar. A couple years ago I had a Baby Collings in my hands that blew my mind for depth of tone out of a small guitar. I probably should have bought it, but I was 3,000 miles away from home in NYC and not liking the idea of transport, Mandolin Brothers pricing and NYC sales tax. :eek2:

I'm know more about electrics than acoustics, but I have found that the Gibsons, while often being a bit darker sounding (unless they're a maple model), usually have a bit more depth to their tone than Martins, which tend to sound a bit more jangly.

Check out this video of my EC model and you'll see that yours (at least in the videos) had proportionately more depth to its tone.

The only reason I bring mine up is that they are both aimed more at articulate finger style playing than chord strumming.

• Members

hey gasman

i have a blueridge br163 which is a 000 style... nice guitar, all solid woods etc... but the gibby definitely has more body to it

when i bought the gibson i tried a lot of small bodied acoustics... to me, the keb mo had more depth to the tone than the others, which is what i was looking for .. particularly for how i want to use it

another guitar i tried which was a really nice instrument was the martin jeff tweedy... great little guitar

• Members

Congrats on your new guitar, look forward to your review.

In the video, I had hoped to see some "room" sound clips- it does sound great on the mic. I also wish I could ply finger-style that well. I'ver justnever developed that independent right hand finger motion.

Keep us posted HNGD!

Archived