Chickenfoot

Virgman

• Members

Man I couldn't agree more. Surprisingly even though I am a product of the 80s (graduated from HS in '89) I'm not a real big Van Halen fan. That being said my favorite period of Van Halen was always with Hagar, I just never could get past how big an idiot David Lee Roth is.

Anyway I've heard numerous stories about how Anthony was treated by the Van Halen brothers and I am glad to see him in a band where he is happy and having fun.

I never really liked Sat that much but I really like his guitar playing in Chickenfoot.

I've always liked RHCP and Chad Smith so I had to give them a listen and yeah there are awesome.

• Members
Personally, I prefer Satch pre Chickenfoot, and Hagar always left me cold. Thought the best thing that happened to him was VH, they taught him to sing. That being said, some great musicianship going on there.

You know usually the people that I hear say negative comments about Hagar are the hardcore VH fans. I'm sure everyone's heard things like "Van Hagar" among other things, to me those are people that put down Hagar in an attempt to defend Roth. Roth is an undefendable idiot. If you are unsure just watch VH's presentation at the 1996 MTV awards.

I'm not saying that you are one of those people or that you are evenb bashing him, I'm just saying that most people who bash Hagar are doing so to indirectly defend Roth who is beyond an idiot.

Personally, I think the opposite. I think Hagar saved VH, they were definitely a sinking ship when he arrived and haven't been relevant since he left. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Hagar fan, before Chickenfoot there was not one pre-VH Hagar song that I liked, but I think Hagar did just as much for VH (if not more) than Van Halen did for him.

Just my dos centavos.

• Members

I think Roth is a moron with bad hair plugs. But the boy could sing. Hagar, doesn't work for me, but I am not bashing him, or VH in general. he brought them more financial success with less drama, than Diamond Dave could.

there are LOTS of artists, that while I respect highly, VH being one, that I just don't like to listen to. Post Steve Hackett Genesis, well, post Gabrial one, with the exception of the brilliant LP " A Trick of the Tail" bores me to tears. And I was a major Genesis fan.

• Members
I think Roth is a moron with bad hair plugs. But the boy could sing. Hagar, doesn't work for me, but I am not bashing him, or VH in general. he brought them more financial success with less drama, than Diamond Dave could.

there are LOTS of artists, that while I respect highly, VH being one, that I just don't like to listen to. Post Steve Hackett Genesis, well, post Gabrial one, with the exception of the brilliant LP " A Trick of the Tail" bores me to tears. And I was a major Genesis fan.

I couldn't have said it better. That was spot on.

• Members

I dug all the songs on that Chickenfoot video. I thought they were awesome.

That is one tight band. Really in sync with each other. The timing between the players on the songs is superb.

Sometimes when you put four superstars together it doesn't work but these guys are great.

For a really interesting read pick up Sammy Hagar's biography "Red". The stuff that went on with the Van Halen's is crazy.

• Members
I dug all the songs on that Chickenfoot video. I thought they were awesome.

That is one tight band. Really in sync with each other. The timing between the players on the songs is superb.

Sometimes when you put four superstars together it doesn't work but these guys are great.

For a really interesting read pick up Sammy Hagar's biography "Red". The stuff that went on with the Van Halen's is crazy.

Yeah I bought the book from Amazon about 6 months ago but I haven't had a chance to read it. I love rock biographies, some of my favorite reading. My two favorite are probably Scar Tissue and Shakey, now those are damn good books.

• Members
These guys are great.

Michael Anthony looks like he is having a blast.

Satriani never sounded better in my opinion.

Hagar is a fantastic frontman.

[video=youtube;SRSwhsu-kdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSwhsu-kdI

Sammy should play more rhythm guitar to fatten up the live sound !!!!

Seems like Smith is struggling to keep up with Satch and Michael , they should get ex Journey drummer Steve Smith, much better drummer !!!!

Archived