what's your Dream Rig?

hellion_213

• Members

Pedals and all. Stage or home. Maybe you're one of the few, like Doc, that already have yours, maybe not. I know I don't. Don't get me wrong, I :sm-heart: my rig, but still would like to improve on it.

My dream rig:

Seeing as how the Beast has been chopped from their line - a used Ed Roman era Custom Beast. Twin 81s, or a Duncan El Diablo (bridge) JB (neck). 24 fret, Floyd. product1_691gphoto1_DSC_0106S.jpg

Only not red. Black w/silver bevels or silver/silver.

True Stero - 6505 head - custom cab w/Swamp Thangs (right side) and a Powerball - custom cab w/V30s on the left. Could mix up the speakers.......

Isp G-String, Whammy, with MIDI footcontroller, and either a Fulltone OCD or MXR Boost, an ABY Switch and a Polytune on the Board, maybe an original RAT for good measure. Rack mounted Crybaby, Furman Conditioner, and BBE Sonic Maximizer. Kind of like to have a flanger and possibly a Time Machine. Maybe a Moon Rock for weird intros/fills.

Well, that's mine. What's yours?

• Members
mine is a LOT simpler... A 56 Paul Custom' date=' with a nice Roland JC 120. As for the pedal board.... A Mutron 3, and my Lava box. See, simple.[/quote']

Honestly, I kind of figured mine would be considered simple. Haha. Never seen/heard a Lava Box, I'll have to look that one up. :thu:

Ido/billy - Heck yeah dudes, you've realized yours :thu:

• Members
Speakerjones - those are on Music radar's top 50 to play before you Die List :thu:

Gardo - right on bro​​ :thu:

I used to tech for a guy who owned one, and was responsible for it on several tours. I played it a lot while it was in my care, and fell in love with it. I had no idea how valuable and rare they were until years later. I was heartbroken to hear that it suffered a neck break when a bunch of skinheads rushed the stage at some show. I've been considering a Teye, as it seems he builds in the same spirit/style that Zemaitis did. I've heard mixed reviews though, and haven't actually been able to get my hands on one to try.

• Members

One life - that's more like it - the rig that would cause a divorce :thu: awesome man

Deepend - Nothing wrong with that bro, SGs are sweet. :thu:

Speakerjones - I had to Google Teye - look pretty sweet, and Way out of my price range - really like the look of the Gypsy Queen and Coyote​​ :thu:

• Members
My dreams are fairly simple: An SG and a medium Wattage modelling amp. For what I do' date=' anything more is simply overkill.[/quote']

I'll admit that my amp is overkill but it just sounds good. At home I rarely get to go much over 1/4 volume but the sound is seductive ( come on just a little more and at will be so good) I use a decibel meter from time to time to monitor the volume and save my ears.

• Members

I am quite pleased with all of my gear and don't really fantasize about gear like I once did. I have always wanted a Roland guitar synth, though. Since I don't play live and record at home, I'd just like a Axe Fx and similar high end modelers.

But, you know, a nice Black Beauty Les Paul and a Marshall Bluesbreaker would make me very happy!!!

• Members

Ive always liked playing loud over playing soft and quiet, but, We played a show last year in South Carolina. The band before us is setting up and its like cab after cab after cab and then head after head.... Single guitarist - 5 full stacks, all live, Insane! I couldn't handle it, had to walk outside, Way too much. Loud to the point that you couldn't make out what he was playing unless you were in the parking lot.

Archived