Tired of Stairway? This lady isn't

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators
I really enjoyed that. A couple of things...

• Great singing
  • The lead guitar was pretty average
  • Page thoroughly enjoyed it, Plant not so much... Obama was grooving
  • Every person in the choir was obese.

Heart have always done LZ covers justice, the lead guitar, I think if I had JP watching me play his solo I might play it safe;)

I think Plant was going through some mixed emotions, alluded to just here:

http://www.onstagemagazine.com/the-real-reason-for-robert-plants-tears-during-stairway-to-heaven/

Every person in the choir may have been obese, but not every obese person is in a choir.

• Members

Ratae....Thanks for posting this. I have heard of this video, but for some reason I could never bring myself to watch it. Today, however, I did. It is really a great performance. I didn't realize Jason Bonham played drums on this performance. It literally brought a tear to my eye. A lot of people like to hate on LZ, but for me, they have and will always be a huge musical inspiration to me. LZ is the whole reason why I started playing guitar at age 15, almost 40 years ago.

I'm also glad you posted the On Stage Mag article. I've been frustrated that LZ hasn't toured since the success of the 2007 concert at the O2. It makes much more sense to me now as to why Plant doesn't want to do it.

BTW, the Wilson sisters and Heart have done some great covers of LZ over the years. It was fitting to have them close the show with, what is arguably, the greatest rock song of all time.

Archived